+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Prius Smart Key

hi i lost both keys so have

hi i lost both keys so have none left my car is parked in my garage and toyota dealer is quoting me $4000!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Try another dealer. We need

Try another dealer.

We need a Prius owners collective, to pressure Toyota to be more fair. My ford transit came with Four fobs.
    Not sure what replacement would cost but at least a could lose a couple without worrying.

I just talked with a

I just talked with a locksmith who said they *can *buy the Toyota computer, but that it's too costly at ~$6K. So, unless you are in a location where a locksmith can make a profit with enough of a market on lost Toyota smart keys, the dealer will be the only place with the computer.

Well, I did loose one quite

Well, I did loose one quite a wgile ago and occasionally pass through Hagerstown. So it's possible. Did you find it at a mall or a gas station near the interstate. It probably would have had another remote for a different toyota they key ring.

I might have. It had another

I might have. It had another Toyota key for my Hilander attached.
    I occasionally drive through there and lost them about that long ago.

Email me and I'll give you my phone to call me.

This thread has been very

This thread has been very helpful trying to understand Toyota's functionality of it's smart keys. However, I am wonder if something a little different can be done.

I would like to know if there is a way to program my car's computer to recognize an rfid that I sew into my wallet, or somewhere else. This would mean that I would be using a third party rfid like the ones they place under dog's skin if they are lost.

A little background on why I want to do this: I want to eliminate the need to carry anything but my wallet and mobile phone. Soon I hope to only need to carry my phone.

Anyone know if this is possible? Or have any thoughts on this idea?

Hi, I lost one of my Pruis

Hi,

I lost one of my Pruis Smart Fobs and I have been trying to figure out how to replace it cost effectively. The dealer quoted me about $300 for a new one, which seems quite expensive.

I see a website offering
    "Smartkey - 3 Button Silver Toyota Logo on Back FCCID: MOZB31EG
    Dealership Price: $279.33 YOUR PRICE: $169.95 You Save: $109.38
    That's 39% OFF Dealership price"

From the discussion here, it sounds like the dealer is going to have to do the programming to make the key work with my 2004 Prius, and from all I know, that could eat up the $109 savings.

Has anyone used IKeyless.com? and how much should programming of a key cost at a dealer?

Thanks,

Hi, I lost one of my Pruis

Hi,

I lost one of my Pruis Smart Fobs and I have been trying to figure out how to replace it cost effectively. The dealer quoted me about $300 for a new one, which seems quite expensive.

I see a website offering
    "Smartkey - 3 Button Silver Toyota Logo on Back FCCID: MOZB31EG
    Dealership Price: $279.33 YOUR PRICE: $169.95 You Save: $109.38
    That's 39% OFF Dealership price"

From the discussion here, it sounds like the dealer is going to have to do the programming to make the key work with my 2004 Prius, and from all I know, that could eat up the $109 savings.

Has anyone used IKeyless.com? and how much should programming of a key cost at a dealer?

Thanks,

I bought one from original

I bought one from original keyless.com for $99 (Camry Hybrid) and dealer could not program it. Do not buy from originalkeyless.com. Dealer told me that remotes are locked to one vehicle only and cannot be reprogrammed.

considering this guide here

considering this guide here http://www.autokeysquad.com/toyota-fob-programming it might be that the key is fine. the only thing which you need to change is the transponder key. which shouldn't cost more than a couple of bucks. then you can program it to your vehicle.
    hope this helps