+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Drivers ide electric window

My '07 Civic hybrid's driver side electric window is sticking and reversing when I roll it up. The other day I was parked next to another '07 civic hybrid that had identical fingerprints on the drivers side window like mine. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi bnaivar: Yes, there is a

Hi bnaivar:

Yes, there is a service bulletin for that particular issue. It is not a wide-spread issue but still common enough for it to be well known by most dealers. Check with your dealer to get it addressed.

Cheers;

MSantos

Yes I have too. I've had the

Yes I have too. I've had the window and track replaced TWICE. This is an extremely common problem. The tracks for the windows are relatively shallow and flexible and the window easily come out of the track and causes the reversing. The only remedy is pushing in from the outside while it rolls up or having it replaced.

I was afraid of that.

I was afraid of that. Thanks everybody for your responses.

After I got my HCH last

After I got my HCH last December, I started visiting this site and had seen a thread on the window problem, but my car was fine.

Then yesterday it started having the same problem - drivers side window would come out of the track about 2/3 of the way up. Thanks to this forum, I knew it what was going on and how to get the window to close all the way up by pushing on it

Don't understand why it only happens on the drivers side - would be tracks be the same on all the doors? Also, would have thought that Honda would have fixed the design of the window by 2008, as it seems to happen across many model years.

In any case, I plan on having the window looked at my the dealer. MSantos, is there a reference number for the service bulletin that you mentioned above, in case the dealer isn't familiar with it?

Ditto, same on my two! Be

Ditto, same on my two!

Be advised they had to order the window and complete assembly to do it right.

Hi Peggy: Yes, it is

Hi Peggy:

Yes, it is bulletin #06-014

"LEFT FRONT WINDOW COMES OUT OF RUN CHANNEL, CHECK REMOVE AND REPLACE RUN CHANNEL AND RECHECK WINDOW ADJUSTMENT"

Cheers;

MSantos

This is only my second time

This is only my second time to this forum. I just hit 7k on my 08 HCH as I see them referred to on here. My window is starting to squeal a little, like it just needs some lube. Wondering if that's the first sign of this? And is it not covered under the warranty?

Thanks guys, I'm going to continue cruising around on here.

Hi Just Bry: Yes, and no.

Hi Just Bry:

Yes, and no. Windows will sometimes squeal a little for various reasons. To eliminate the chances of a squeal and other smaller problems I would suggest buying an inexpensive can of Teflon lubricant or similar (available in many department stores in their Auto section) and apply a tiny bit on the channel once in a while.

If the symptoms persist and the window begins to reverse often then take it in. It is covered by the warranty.

Cheers;

MSantos

This is a most common

This is a most common problem occurring to most of us. It can be eliminated by replacing the side glasses and panels.And testing them for any faults.