+ Reply to Thread

Rebuild hybrid battery

We are told we need a new battery but are thinking about having our battery rebuilt instead by a company in Staten Island, NY at a cost of around $1,250 to $1,500. I would install the battery myself. Does anyone have experience with rebuilding a battery or with this company, Hybrid-Battery-Repair? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Carson, I am a moderator

Carson,
    I am a moderator here on hybridcars.com and run the annual hybrid get-together Green Drive Expo.
    I can personally vouch for Ron Hansen as a reputable person who has been involved in the hybrid community for some time. He is very knowledgeable about the Honda battery system.
    Hopefully you have reviewed his web site?

--
    Eric Powers
    HybridCars.com Moderator
    Green Drive Expo organizer

Thank you so much for your

Thank you so much for your reply and vote of confidence re: Ron Hansen's operation. We have reviewed his web site, and had a phone conversation with him. Good vibes. We greatly appreciate your input and vote of confidence.

Carson, If you decide to go

Carson,
    If you decide to go with his company, I, and others here at hybridcars, would be very interested in hearing about your experience, so please post again sometime.

And if you get any pictures of the process, that might be kind of fun, too!
    You can add them to your hybridcars user profile.

--
    Eric Powers
    HybridCars.com Moderator
    Green Drive Expo organizer

My experience with Mr.

My experience with Mr. Hansen's firm could best be described as a nightmare. On the advice of this and other forums, we sent him the battery pack out of our '03 civic for refurbishment. When it arrived back at the local hinda dealer, it did not work so we shipped it for aqnother roundtrip and it still didn't work.
    Hansen then sent me his local tech to meet me at the dealership. A guy with an old beat up Insight with a for sale sign in the window, a lunchbox full of hand tools and a cellphone. We pushed my car off the lot (liability concerns) and tried to install in the street next to the dealer. Still didn't work.
    We fianlly took the car to a local after market prius repair shop where they determined that Mr. Hansen had (several times) failed to diagnose dead cells. Finally got it running, but Hansen wound up costing us about four months of downtime and several hundred dollars, all the while claiming that none of it was his responsibility.

We will not be using hime in the future.

Anyone tried hybrid car

Anyone tried hybrid car battery from this company before? www dot brandbattery.com/products/lithium-battery-packs/honda-civicinsight-hybrid-battery-replacement/
    A friend from Australia introduced this company to me, any comments here?