+ Reply to Thread

Premium Fuel Required For 2008 HH?

Does the 2008 Highlander Hybrid require premium fuel?

If so, where is the trade-off in economy? With premium at about 20 to 30 cents more per gallon I would like to see a good increase in milage to justify the cost.

I am interested in the Highlander to replace my aging Jeep Cherokee, but if I have to use premium fuel in the beast then I'm finding it harder to justify the purchase.

My old Jeep gets 20 mi/gal with regular at $3/gal that is $15 for 100 mi. If the Hybrid Highlander gets a realistic 25 mi/gal and Premium at 3.20/gal then I pay 12.80 for 100 mi.

I guess any savings is good, but I would certainly like to see a better milage performance. I would go with a Camry or a Prius, but they a harder to haul the kids and camping gear in.

Any thoughts?

Regulae Gasoiline

EPA web site at www.fueleconomy.gov states regular gasoline.

Regular Gas

Thanks for the link and the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by cadsmith View Post
    Does the 2008 Highlander Hybrid require premium fuel? If so, where is the trade-off in economy? My old Jeep gets 20 mi/gal with regular at $3/gal that is $15 for 100 mi. If the Hybrid Highlander gets a realistic 25 mi/gal and Premium at 3.20/gal then I pay 12.80 for 100 mi.
    I've been averaging 30 (give or take a little) in my HH (remember, you need to change your driving style to maximize MPG in a hybrid). Using the higher octane gas is supposed to result in better MPG, and I have some numbers that support that theory, and some numbers that don't.

The end result is that you're looking at a 17 gallon tank. At most, assuming a $0.20 differential between 87 and 93 octane, you're looking at a $3.40 per tank difference in cost.

We have now 30,000 miles on our 06 and pretty much average 27/28 city and highway. We do not drive it the way it should to maximaze fuel ecomony. Most of our city driving is between 40 and 45 miles per hour. We have enjoied the Highlander except for the Goodyear tires that came with it. We have to replaxce them at 30,000 no tread.

fj4WZF wlddakodahia,

fj4WZF wlddakodahia, coppujjssudf, [link=http://vquancedlyqz.com/]vquancedlyqz[/link], http://mpwxzltywkta.com/

With premium at about 20 to

With premium at about 20 to 30 cents more per gallon is well appreciated and also saving is going to come in near future.

thanks for saving in

thanks for saving in mileage.