+ Reply to Thread

Thread: misty windows.

misty windows.

I bought a 2006 civic hybrid as an used car at 26k. Its windows gets foggy even on sunny days when it doesn't rain. Especially rear window gets misty and when I wipe the bottom of the rear window, paper towel gets wet. When I blow up the air ventilation system, the front window becomes clear but the rear window doesn't change. Is there anyone having a similiar problem? Tonight when I tried to wipe the rear window, I saw a thin ice on the bottom of it. I guess that water collected froze. Is this coming from the vent for a electric motor behind rear seats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

This might be the result of

This might be the result of a seal issue around the doors or the glass. The manual states specific remedies through using the Air Conditioner for interior fog/humidity build-up and exterior icing.
    Always remember, A/C turned on will De-Humidify the interior air and dry it out, You should use A/C turned on with Heat if you want to avoid interior humidity build-up and fogging.
    If you still get fogging in the interior despite using A/C turned on all the time, perhaps there is an issue in the A/C system with the evaporator, or the condensation in the A/C is not being dried up properly. It could be that the hose that allows water/condensation build-up in the A/C system to drain is clogged up and so more condensation is still coming through the A/C system than should be.

An update to my above

An update to my above comment. I said "should use A/C turned on with Heat if you want to avoid interior humidity build-up and fogging."

I should have said:

"should use A/C turned On when trying to heat up the interior, if you want to avoid interior humidity build-up and fogging.