+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hey! Hold on just a minute,

Hey! Hold on just a minute, J'th.
    What makes you think the majority of the public prefers fabric? And exactly what do you suggest, as a better use, for the millions of tons of cow hide, that's produced each year, as a by product of the meat industry? Everyone I know prefers leather to cloth. Are you really sure that the cow suffers, as the skin is removed? IT'S DEAD!!!
    Are you going to employ the millions of people employed in the leather industry? No?
    And please, don't bring up Ed Begley. He's certifiable, and should be commited.
    Now, if I can just lay my hands on one of those narwal steering wheels. MMM MMMM MMM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

What part of that

What part of that monstrously expensive hybrid battery is earth friendly?

If you were really concerned about the Earth, you'd sell your prius and ride your bike to work.

Oh, I have a leather seat on my bicycle too. And the brakes work. LOL

Ok, another mouth-breathing,

Ok, another mouth-breathing, two digit IQ, stooge of the oil companies just posted.

Nickel-Metal Hydride battery. Does the element NICKEL ring a bell? NmH batteries are FULLY recyclable. AND the recycling company can make a PROFIT recycling the battery. With Lithium batteries coming in a couple more years (it's not even a heavy metal!).

AND... Prius battery is actually a PACK of 20 separate batteries. Each individual battery can be removed from the pack and replaced as needed.

Now, if you go to Toyota, they just try to sell you the entire set of batteries ($3,500+), but there are a large number of after market battery shops that will dissasemble and repair your Prius battery for a MUCH lower price.

Oh, yes. The first three years I drove my Prius, I SAVED just a little under 800 gallons of fuel consumption. If I keep the car 8 years, I will use 2,000 gallons LESS gasoline.

I was researching for my

I was researching for my next Prius and I just found this out myself. I cannot believe you cannot get a top end Prius without leather. I donít wtf are they smoking at Toyota but Iíll take some.

Stop hack the program!!!

Stop hack the program!!!

Stop hack the program!!!

Stop hack the program!!!

Thank you for this. I would

Thank you for this. I would like a Prius, but I will not compromise and get a car with leather seats. It's disgusting!!!

Stop hack the program!!!

Stop hack the program!!!

Leather is a must for me and

Leather is a must for me and for others who are allergic to dustmites. The fabric seats retain dust and dustmites and can make some people extremely ill. Plus it is just dirtier! (no matter how often they clean and vacuum)

And one other inconvenient

And one other inconvenient fact for PETA; do you know how many cattle are slaughtered each year to make leather? NONE! Leather is basically an unwanted byproduct of the Meat Packing Industry. Cattle ranching is based on FOOD PRODUCTION. Go to a leather goods store, raw unprocessed leather is cheaper (per yard) than many cotton linens. It's the processing and finishing of the leather that makes it expensive. Raw leather is dirt cheap, because there is so much unused leather left over from turning "moo" into double whoppers.