+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 Honda Civic Hybrid Problems

I just got an 07 HCH, the left rear of the car is 3/4" lower than the right side.
    Dealer told me they have a 1" tolerance. Took it to another dealer and they told me it was normal. 3/4" is very noticeable. This difference can be seen when comparing the gap in the wheelwells on the left and right rear. They even suggested that since I had a full tank of gas (which is on the left rear of car) it may look lower. Well it only had 2 gallons left and it still was 3/4" lower on the left side.
    Anyone else has this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by notez2id View Post
    Anyone else has this problem?
    Nope. First time I heard of this.

Tell you what... head over to www.greenhybrid.com and ask the question there too. I bet the many hundreds of HCH owners on that forum will be just as surprised as I am.

Cheers;

MSantos

MY CIVIC HYBRID WORE THE

MY CIVIC HYBRID WORE THE REAR TIRES OUT IN 18,000 MILES ALL ON THE INSIDE EDGE. DEALER SAID I NEEDED NEW TIRES BUT SAID THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WITH THE CAR. NOT AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER. ANYONE ELSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM?

A new TSB has been released

A new TSB has been released that may help address your issues. Please contact another dealer or Corporate Honda and request that they look into the issue and repair the rear control arms. You may be able to request compensation for the premature tire wear.

DETAILS:
    On January 22, 2008 the American Honda Motor Co, Inc. released a service bulletin (08-001), which applies to all 2006-2007 Honda Civics, except Si and Honda Accessory HFP Package. This includes all 2 and four door civics, not just hybrids. UPDATE: THIS ALSO APPLIES TO A NUMBER OF 2008s (determined by VIN).

The Problem:
    Whether you have symptoms or not, if you have a 2006-2007 civic, your rear upper control arms were manufactured to incorrect specifications. You may notice uneven and/or rapid wear to your tires, a roaring noise from the rear, and/or a vibration at highway speeds.

What Needs to be Done:
    Take your car to your local Honda dealer, preferably bringing a copy of the service bulletin. Tell your dealer about the symptoms that you are experiencing, if any, and tell them that you have not had your upper control arms updated.
    Your dealer should replace your rear upper control arm kit (part #04523-SNA-A00), four 12X51 flange bolts (part # 90397-SNA-A00), and two 12X95 flange bolts (part #90396-SNA-000). If your tire wear is substantial, American Honda will pay part, if not all of the cost of a replacement set. (see service bulletin page one for more info) The dealer should also do a full alignment. This should all be done at no cost to you.

Good luck

MSantos

There is a TSB out for this

There is a TSB out for this issue, just had it done on our Civic (16,000 miles)

MSantos, thank you for your

MSantos, thank you for your recommendation. The constant steering over correction even on straight and level highways was really getting to me. Nothing helped, even new tires, until your posting put me on the right track. I have two HCH IIs, both 2007. Never noticed the problem with in town driving, but on the highway it was terrible.

After the dealer replaced the upper control arms on both cars, the improvement is HUGE. Mileage is up 4-6 mpg. Dealer offered no hassles in getting this done, all I had to do was reference the service bulletin you mentioned.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU, VERY MUCH.

just got the 2007 done.

just got the 2007 done. anyone with post replacement results and tips?

ARGH! Wish I knew this a

ARGH! Wish I knew this a year ago for the 2006.

I hear constant roaring

I hear constant roaring noise from the back of the car, and my 2007 hybrid has worse gas milage than my 2004 hybrid.
    I will be so happy if these get better by fixing the control arm!

I complained about these things to the dealer for the last 6 months several times.
    They said they don't hear any noise.
    I am amazed by the all the bad service I read about on the internet from Honda dealers.
    They should have some kind of incentive to check service bulletins.

I also have to wait for minutes on the phone to get through to the Honda dealership service center, and in the meantime they are feeding ads about CHEVY, lol.

MSantos, do you know if this

MSantos, do you know if this bulletin is relevant for *Canadian* 06/07 Civic Hybrids?

I've not got any mail on this, but did get a letter on a previous recall, involving an update to the cars software for "winter driveability" and more protection for (or from) the main battery terminals.