+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I have 2004 civic hybrid

I have 2004 civic hybrid with 137000 miles
    I would like info on replacining IMA battery.
    thank you John from,Portland Oregon
    503-888-0085

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

For those who wander this

For those who wander this way looking for info...

The IMA battery on my 2005 HCH just failed yesterday with approx 80,300 miles on the clock. Honda agreed to cover the majority of the replacement cost, leaving me paying $163 of the $3434 bill. Dealer said that they'd had someone else's IMA battery fail at just over 81k miles, and Honda covered a small part of that replacement. Sounds like they have a sliding partial coverage scale for those just outside of the warranty, so you're not immediately excluded at 80,001 miles. Which is nice.

I have a 2000 Insight. First

I have a 2000 Insight. First IMA went out at around 45,000; the second one at 90,000, ad now that went out after ONLY 11,000. Check Engine and IMA lights went on. Took it to Honda; checked it tad they said I would need a new IMA Pac at around 3400 bucks. I disconnected the little 12 volt battery under the hood, reconnected it and the Engine Light and IMA light went off. I cranked the car and it began charging...It is now showing four bars. I am going to take it for a ride. Who knows how long it will last. Where are you located?

I have a 2000 Insight. First

I have a 2000 Insight. First IMA went out at around 45,000; the second one at 90,000, ad now that went out after ONLY 11,000. Check Engine and IMA lights went on. Took it to Honda; checked it tad they said I would need a new IMA Pac at around 3400 bucks. I disconnected the little 12 volt battery under the hood, reconnected it and the Engine Light and IMA light went off. I cranked the car and it began charging...It is now showing four bars. I am going to take it for a ride. Who knows how long it will last. Where are you located?

My car (2009 Civic Hybrid)

My car (2009 Civic Hybrid) is in the shop again for a second IMA battery replacement. One back in 2010 at 35k appx and now at 65k . My avg MPG is 42 which I'm not complaining about but my warranty is coming up soon. Should I expect replacing batteries every 30k?
    Lando (Claremont, CA)

I have a 2005 Accord Hybrid,

I have a 2005 Accord Hybrid, 96K miles. For the past two weeks I have been unable to start the car w/o assistance from autoclub. I have borrowed a portable charger for the time being but have an appointment with my local Honda dealer tomorrow. Service rep told me it's either a problem with the 12volt battery they replaced last October, the alternator or the IMA system is failing. He quoted me $4K to replace the IMA. If it's the IMA should I fight it out with them and/or American Honda on the replacement cost as the IMA is still under warranty? Please respond as my appointment is tomorrow am
    05/14/12. Am in south Orange County, CA Thank you!!

I have a 2004 HCH, 75K

I have a 2004 HCH, 75K miles. Ball Honda in National City, CA gave me a new IMA Battery no questions asked. They said the warranty was extended to 8yrs/80K. I was woried because I tampered with the fuse box and the IMA compartment to install a car stereo from hell. I can assure you, know one is taxing the electrical system more than I am. Im sure they saw cut metal and wires pulled. I even moved the ground point and yet they installed no questions asked! Thats why you buy a Honda!

My son in CA has a 2005

My son in CA has a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid at the dealer having the IMA replaced (after some discussion under warranty). However the dealer is saying that the failed IMA has caused the transmission to also fail and will cost $4500 to replace. The car was running fine before the IMA failure. Is it true that this is a routine problem (so says the service manager) associated with IMA failures? Anyone know if Honda acknowledges this as a typical consequence of an IMA failure?

I want to thank you for your

I want to thank you for your posting ! My IMA light came on this morning and I called and let the service dept. know that I knew that the IMA had the warranty that you told us about and He went from charging me for a diagnostic test to he would check it for free and replace the battery under warranty if it needed one .

Thank you !!!!!!!

I have a 2009 Civic Hybrid

I have a 2009 Civic Hybrid and I was wondering what is the warranty on IMA battery and Inverter?

Thank You