+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid

My 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid has been driven 86,000 miles and the IMA battery is not able to hold a charge. I need to sell the car or replace the battery. Replacement by the dealer will cost $3100. I need a more reasonable price for replacement than what the dealers is offering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The quality of batteries has

The quality of batteries has really gone up and the cost is now starting to come down. Hybrid is the future.

Just had my 2010 Civic

Just had my 2010 Civic Hybrid IMA battery changed this morning only to find the same problems with the assist occur. It randomly assists when accellerating and the bars go through a roller coaster between charged and not charged. I had that problem ever since I drove it off the lot in 2010 but after several trips to the dealer they conviced me that the 2010 system operates differently than my 2006 Civic Hybrid which I had just traded in. Then, when I mentioned about the measly 34mpg they said it had more to do with the change in aerodynamics (yeah, right!). Now my 2010 has 35,000 miles and they finally concluded it needed new IMA. It was suposedly changed today and as I mentioned earlier, it is not making any difference at all. On the freeway it feels as if the transmission on my Civic hybrid is slipping. It took them only 2 hours to change it (go figure)

SULEV and ULEV are determied

SULEV and ULEV are determied by level of differnt types of harmful gases leaving the tail pipe not the type of transmision. I live in CA and can tell you from experence that honda will still change the IMA module at their cost up to 10/150,000 if you meet SULEV.

SULEV and ULEV have nothing

SULEV and ULEV have nothing to do with type of transmission. It concerns what gases come out the tail pipe. The person that put that does not know anything about cars. After he goes to an automotive school then listen. Until then, well....

What is the price of

What is the price of replacement of the IMA according to your work / sources?

Thanks

What dealer did you take the

What dealer did you take the civic to? I live in South Orange County and I would like to get our 20056 Civic Battery fixed as well. With out going thru the back and fourth you went through... Please respond. Thanks for your time... Ron 949-388-7487

On Sunday my IMA and check

On Sunday my IMA and check engine light came on in my 2005 hybrid Civic with 107000 miles. Monday I called my dealer, South Bay Honda and they set me up to bring it in Tuesday morning. That's when they told me I needed a new IMA battery, that they had to order it and it should be in Wednesday and my car should be ready to pick up Wednesday afternoon, they even set me up with a loaner car and it cost me nothing.

2003 CIVIC HYBRID WITH

2003 CIVIC HYBRID WITH 103,000 MILES. IMA BATTERY FAILED ABOUT 30K MILES AGO. CAR RAN FINE BUT MILEAGE OFF BY 3-4 MPH. CAR SUMMERIZED RECENTLY FOR THREE MONTHS, EVERYTHING DISCONNECTED, CAR ON BLOCKS ETC. NOW, BATTERY IS FINE. AS GOOD AS NEW. NO IMA LIGHT AND THE GREEN CHARGE BARS RARELY STOP AT FOUR. THETWICE DAILY COMPLETE CHARGE AND DISCHARGE OF THE IMA BATTERY IS A THING OF THE PAST. HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING AND HOW COULD IT HAVE HAPPENED? EVEN IF BATTERY FAILS AGAIN SOON THE QUESTION REMAINS, WHAT HAPPENED HERE AND WHY?

2003 civic hybrid 96,000

2003 civic hybrid 96,000 miles check engine and IMA lights are on. How much to repair?