+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Prius Recall

Sorry to doubt you, but were

Sorry to doubt you, but were you looking at the ground? Did you ACTUALLY SEE the car move? Or were you looking inside the car, and your inner ear "told" you that the car moved.

I fly a bit (not ride as passenger, fly) and I am familiar with the sensation of "apparent" motion vs ACTUAL motion that the inner
    ear frequently causes.

The Prius uses the drive motor as a starter motor, and the car can REALLY rock back and forth a couple inches when the gas engine kicks in (while the car's parked). Kind of like the kick from a impact wrench firing.

Due to the nature of my hobbies, I spend hours at a time with the Prius parked and in "idle" mode. Even though I know it's an Illusion, I could SWEAR that the car lurched forward when the gas engine kicks in.

Just asking....

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Actually, I think I was

Actually, I think I was partially reclined with my eyes closed.

I know what your taking about with apparent motion. I usually get it if I'm stopped at a light and the car next to m starts creeping forward and it makes me feel like I'm rolling backward.

This didn't feel like a gradual motion. It felt like someone gave the car a sudden push and it rocked forward and back.

I was just sitting in my

I was just sitting in my Prius this afternoon. The engine kicked in while I was sitting in a parking lot. My inner ear "told me" the car lurched forward, but my eyes said the car did not move an inch.

Like I said, when the Prius engine kicks in, it REALLY shakes the car.

And your mind interprets the shaking as forward motion.

Prius is no doubt one of the

Prius is no doubt one of the best cars ever created. I am looking forward to have this stuff by next year. I was there in california where the car show has been held and i've seen that the specs of the car are excellent. by the way, does anyone here knows what type of engine this car uses? i guess it's the V8.

The Prius has a 4 cylinder,

The Prius has a 4 cylinder, 60hp gas engine combined with a 40hp electric motor. Even though the two only combine to 100 hp, the difference in torque curves between electric and gas give the Prius the equivalent performance of a 140 hp gas engine.

I have the exact same

I have the exact same problem with my 2008.