+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I have an 2010 Insight

I have an 2010 Insight nothing but problems with IMA (hesitation, running rough and even stalling). Been to few dealers some of them don't want to take in this car in; they are all aware of this problem. Contacted American Honda no help they say this is the way car was designed. A technician told me that they use to have issues with the Battery's being replaced by 75k or even earlier, therefore Honda changed the charging procedure to have longer bat. live, what they forgot was how car will perform after this software change/up grade.
    This car is a LEMON and someone should take this company to court This car is a danger to driver and others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I HAVE A 2007 HONDA CIVIC

I HAVE A 2007 HONDA CIVIC HYBRID.ONE WHO HAD THE RECALL ON THE BATTERY.SINCE LAST AUGUST MY CAR WON'T GET OUT OF ITS OWN WAY. TERRIBLE GAS MILLAGE,THE MOTOR HAS TO REV UP TO 4 THOUSAND RPMS TO GET OUT IN TRAFFIC .ITS A HAZZARD TO MY LIFE.HONDA SAYS THEY CAN'T PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. I LOVED THIS CAR SINCE THEY MESSED WITH IT I HATE IT AND DON'T FEEL SAFE AT ALL.LOST 14 MILES TO THE GALLON AROUND TOWN.IWANT THEM TO PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS .THEY SAY THEY CAN'T. THATS BULL IM FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT,

Add me to the list of

Add me to the list of unhappy Honda civic customers. I now have to either have my battery replaced or be stuck with a IMA light that won't go off. They want 3,000 for parts and labor. Any way to get in on the class action lawsuit I'm reading about? I have owned Hondas since 1984. I will probably never buy the brand again unless the company can come up with a satisfactory solution. Obviously, there are a lot of us unhappy out there. I have never had to spend much money to repair a Honda automobile before. This experience has turned me against the brand. DO NOT BUY A HONDA HYBRID.

I own a 2009 (HCH) HONDA

I own a 2009 (HCH) HONDA CIVIC HYBRID. Early in my career I was placed in the role of an Auto Service Manager, so I can say I know my way around automobiles! After comparing Hondas versus Toyotas hybrids I chose the Honda and bought one for my wife! Recently she stated that the (IMA) integrated motor assist & (CEL) check engine lights were ON ! I checked the reference manual that came with the vehicle only to read "send it to the dealership! " I sought out more information on the Internet! Well I can honestly state several common symptoms that many may relate to, here they are:
    1. The AUTO STOP FEATURE IS INOPERABLE! (car shuts off when speed of car hits zero or stopped at the red light-the engine remains on constantly)
    2. The MPG OR MILES PER GALLON HAS DROPPED APPROXIMATELY 10 miles per gallon! My wife can verify, she is a meticulous about her MPG!
    3. The idle when car is stationary is erractic ( between 650-800) rpm revolutions per minute, (sorry the idle is the speed the engine is running at parked at the stoplight).
    4. (IMA) is the battery system the engine relies on to give it support in order to get the great gas mileage I was getting before this happened.
    By the way, today is December 14, 2011, and I start communicating with Honda tomorrow!

I take notes when I diagnose my car issues! Yup, pencil to paper! I also called Denver Honda Dealer and inquired what out of pocket expenses I will have to absorb, the (ASM) AUTO SERVICE MANAGER STATED THAT since I only have approximately 40,000 miles on my 2009 HCH that PARTS & LABOR were both covered if and only IF IT IS THE BATTERIES! Hmmm isnt that why the IMA light came on, (along with the drop in mileage)? My wife and I drive very conservative, for her it is like a video game in which she makes every attempt to get the best score (the highest mpg possible) and constantly monitors her mileage (miles per gallon)! I drive slow because I am use to driving my big SUV SPORTS UTILITY VEHICLE to get the best gas mileage possible for this gas guzzler. Same strategy for the HCH!

My goal is to share my experience with you and let you know if Honda will stand behind their advertising in their latest Christmas advertisement. I will be civil and objective and let the story unfold which I will share with as many websites as I can! Wish me luck I am hoping Honda will be more honorable than other manufacturers and not be forced to comply by our governmental agencies!

Durable longest line of cars? Time will tell if this holds true for their hybrids!
    PAPA
    STAY RIGHT SIDE UP IN A TOPSY TURVY WORLD

I have a 2010 Honda Civic

I have a 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid with 18K miles on it. It's been great until the other day. I first noticed the battery indicator was at 1 bar durn a short 10 minute trio. The next my wife drove it to work (about11 miles) and the IMA light came on. Took it to the dealer and they said it need a software upgrade. Got it back that night and the next day the IMA light came back on. Went back to the dealer and they are waiting for a new battery.
    I live in california and have the extended 80K - 84 month warranty plus the 10 year - 150k california warranty. What I am concerned about is as the car ages what out of pocket cost will I be liable for? I purchased this car to save on gas a money, now I am wondering if I should unloaded it and get something that will last for 10 to 12 years.

Why don't you call customer

Why don't you call customer service?

I've had a 2003 Honda Hybrid

I've had a 2003 Honda Hybrid since new and until recently it has been an excellent vehicle. Its been driven mostly by my sons and about 7 months ago when he got a new car it was not used sometimes for months. I have recently read this one of the worst things for the IMA battery pack, but there is nothing in the Owner's manual that warns of this if it is true. When I started driving it again the IMA light came on, and the dealer did a software "upgrade" at 104K miles. This fix lasted about 5 miles at which time the IMA light came on again and the check engine light, CEL, also. The dealership ran a computer diagnostic and told me I needed a new IMA battery ($3500) and a new catalytic converter (~$2000). They also told me that although Honda changed to a !0yr /100K warranty on these parts in CA during my model year, based on the VIN my vehicle was 8yr/80K which of course had just expired. After my protest that they wanted more than the vehicle was worth, they "talked to the factory" and got a 40% reduction to about $3K.
    I then started to call the factory number from my owners manual and made further progress. They are now offering the IMA battery replacement no charge but I have to pay labor for installation which is to be no more than $500. So far they will not budge on the catalytic converter which is down to $980!
    To get any further reduction I will probably have to take legal action or at least threaten.
    My point in writing this is to let others know that persistence can pay off, and clearly Honda knows they put out a defective product with the IMA battery or they would not be willing to pick ANY of the replacement costs.
    Honda is insistent that my catalytic converter failure is coincidental and unrelated to my IMA problems. I'm not so sure however, anyone else seeing similar "coincidences"?????

I am a 2007 Honda hybrid

I am a 2007 Honda hybrid with defective battery owner, and a class action lawyer. I plan to object to the settlement because it is an awful deal for people like me with real battery problems above and beyond gas mileage issues (intermittent sluggish performance, total failures, etc). I have a big firm to represent me in the objection. I would like to talk to hybrid owners experiencing similar problems as me. Email me at peter@peterfredmanlaw.com

I am a 2007 Honda hybrid

I am a 2007 Honda hybrid with defective battery owner, and a class action lawyer. I plan to object to the settlement because it is an awful deal for people like me with real battery problems above and beyond gas mileage issues (intermittent sluggish performance, total failures, etc). I have a big firm to represent me in the objection. I would like to talk to hybrid owners experiencing similar problems as me. Email me at peter@peterfredmanlaw.com

Wow, I just stumbled onto

Wow, I just stumbled onto this page and I'm amazed of all the complaints. I have a 2005 Civic hybrid, have driven it 103,000 miles, and have had none of the problems discussed on this page. My battery is still fine, I get around 44 mpg on average on my high traffic commute, and haven't had to replace anything other than 2 break pads, the small car battery (not the hybrid one), and maybe a couple other normal wear and tear things like oil filter or windshield wipers.

I have considered making my next car a Prius, but I have to say, I'm likely to stay with Honda instead because of my experience with owning the Civic hybrid.

Although I will agree that Honda's service people are impossible to deal with.... Then again, I don't know of a manufacturer service shop that is anything better than terrible.