I recently purchased an '09 NAH and have the following questions regarding the "intelligent key" aka keyless ignition.

1) How far can a person drive the car without the intelligent key in the actual car? I went and visited a relative and they wanted to take my NAH for a spin, so I said sure and they got behind the wheel and went down the road (about a block) and then came back. I realized after the fact that I had the intelligent key in my pocket the whole time and the car kept driving. How could that be? I thought the the intelligent key had to be in the car during it's entire operation time (or when it's being driven, etc).

2) Have you ever gone and locked the car (by pressing the black button on the drivers door handle), had the car "double-beep" to confirm that it's locked, and then come back later to find the doors unlocked? I've had it happen a couple of times and can't figure out why it's occurring. I know that the car's locked but when I come back to it (even an hour or two later), it's unlocked.

Appreciate any feedback on the above.

thanks.