+ Reply to Thread

electric motor usage question

I am very close to making the plunge and getting a Nissan Altima Hybrid, but had a quick question I can't seem to find the answer to.

The state hybrid tax credit here (Oklahoma) depends on the percent of power the car draws from the electric motor (I suspect on average.) Does anyone have that number?

Specifically, the credit is half of the cost of the vehicle, limited to the portion of the vehicle propelled by electricity, or the percentage of time the vehicle operates solely on electricity.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Nissan Document

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/altimah...7ALTHybrid.pdf

This certification document from the Nissan website has a line that states 18% of the power is derived from the energy storage system - page 4. Don't know if that's what you need or not.

Sounds like Oklahoma is behind the times. This is a Parallel system not a series system. Tell em to hire an engineer.

I saw a site a few days ago

I saw a site a few days ago about the Okla Tax comm ruling about a Prius. They originally denied the $1500 credit claimed back in 1996 on one of the first Prius models, claiming that the owner couldn't show what percentage the vehicle was powered exclusively by electricity. After appeal, they determined it was plain that if it sometimes was powered solely on electricity, the law stated that the minimum credit was correct. They seemed to place great importance to whether it was powered exclusively by electricity, not by electricity and gas at the sqame time.