+ Reply to Thread

Two questions from a Canadian NAH owner.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta Canada and just purchased a new 2009 Altima Hybrid and have two questions:

1) In the trunk, under the carpet, there are the outlines for where the jack and wheel wrench are kept. In addition, there is a cutout for a towhook that is used to screw into the front right hand bumper (should you ever become stuck and have to be pulled out).

I went through my car and it's missing the screw-in tow hook. I contacted my dealer and he told me that no cars come with this tow hook. I replied back (via email), that it's clearly shown on page 6-14 of the owners manual. I went into the dealership and the salesman even said that he can't get it through parts/service. Can anyone out there (who owns an '09 NAH), tell me if their car comes with this tow hook. If not, how did they go about getting it? (Why would a mfg. put something in their manual if they don't supply the part that goes with it???).

2) Gas mileage....I'm still on my first tank of gas and am kind of wondering about the mileage. In Canada, everything is in kilometers. When I left the dealership, the "range" showed 605 km. I'm down to almost 1/2 tank of gas and the range is showing 575 km. I keep running the numbers in my head and I'm not looking at very good mileage (for a hybrid). I owned an '06 Altima 2.5 and the mileage on my hybrid seems very similar to my '06.

Does the mileage get better on the hybrd. I only have about 250km on the car, but it's through almost 1/2 tank of gas and am wondering. It's been mostly city driving with about 50km of the 250 being on highway. Just a sidenote 1.6km = 1 mile.

Appreciate any feedback on the above.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Not sure about #1 #2 is the

Not sure about #1

#2 is the range probably isn't accurate yet. it changes a lot depending on how you're driving. I personally usually get 700 miles (1120 km) per tank. I think that after some time, you'll learn how to drive your hybrid more effectively. FYI, at about 1/2 a tank left on the meter, I usually have driven around 400 miles by then (640 km). Maybe you should fill up your tank, and reset all the mileage calcs.

Interesting.. I have one

Interesting..

I have one more question:

When is the car actually running in "hybrid" mode. I know that it runs in it when it says "EV" mode, but it will usually go in that mode up to about 60 km/hr (40mph). Does the car ever run fully as a hybrid at highway speeds?

Have others compared it to the Camry Hybrid as far as gas mileage, etc...does it compare or is the Camry better?

Be intersted in hearing back.

thanks

The car will never run in

The car will never run in just electric mode over 40 mph. The elecric motor will assist the gas engine when needed.

The Nissan gets slightly better MPG than the Camry. I have a Nissan. Brother and father have the Camry Hybrid. The Nissan is a bit quicker.

oK...thanks.... I'll pay

oK...thanks....

I'll pay close attention.....I'm always checking my "range" as I'm still running on my first tank of gas and right now my mileage isn't a lot better then the '06 Altima 2.5 that I had.

I'm crossing my fingers!