+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

I have a 2008 civic Hybrid

I have a 2008 civic Hybrid that the mileage dropped from 43 to 23MPG with no warning lights or indicators. The main battery would loose its charge down to one light on the charged scale, over night or from a charge of 6 lights down to 2 within a 1/4 mile of normal driving. The dealership understood that there was a problem but Honda would not give them permission to change the IMA battery and/or controller, until the dealership had me come in two different times to run more diagnostics. Honda did finally give permission to the dealership for warranty replacement of the IMA battery and controller. After reading these posts, I feel very luck that I got that much done. This does not fix the problem though. So now I'm getting, like others 32-34 MPG on the highway and 28-30 in town driving, with very little assistance from the IMA battery. it has only charged up to a 5 lights on the scale of 8, but normally stays at 4 and will drop to 1 or 2 sometimes. It is showing that it is charging the IMA battery probably 95% of the time. I haven't taken the car back in yet to the dealership, but I think I know what they are going to say, SORRY. I will not own another Honda Hybrid, this is my second one. I had a 2006 and I have my 2008 now which has 50,000 miles on it. It not worth the trouble, really disappointed in Honda, what happens when the warranty time limit is up on the IMA equipment, the fix they gave me is going to help extend the life of it but its not the car I bought, no power and creates a danger to even drive it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have had this EXACT SAME

I have had this EXACT SAME problem and the dealership gave the EXACT SAME excuses that they've given you all. Anyone know if there is already a class action?

I have a 2009 hch. A few

I have a 2009 hch. A few days ago I noticed the IMA light stayed on. The car seems to drive normally. I will being it in to the dealer for a check. Not sure how to handle it. Should I ask for a new battery?

I had IMA battery issue

I had IMA battery issue where it would not hold charge.
    Honday said it was "normal".
    Took Honda to arbitration and won.
    Honda replaced the IMA battery.
    Record the rate at which the discharge occurs.
    This occurs mostly after having it parked over night.
    When you go to arbitration with BBB, park your car at BBB overnight. When you test drive with BBB, you can show them how fast a full charge drops to nothing. Argue that the car does not meet the "functional" expectations.

I had the same exact

I had the same exact problem.
    When you go to arbitration with BBB, park your car at BBB overnight. When you test drive with BBB, you can show them how fast a full charge drops to nothing. Argue that the car does not meet the "functional" expectations

I had the same exact

I had the same exact problem.
    When you go to arbitration with BBB, park your car at BBB overnight. When you test drive with BBB, you can show them how fast a full charge drops to nothing. Argue that the car does not meet the "functional" expectations

I really dont know what any

I really dont know what any of you are talking about.... I was the owner of the original (manual) 2000 honda Insight (had 23,000 miles)and I just sold it after 10 years and 245,000 miles later and never had one problem with it! I did have the IMA come on around the 200,000 mile mark but I brought it to the honda dealership and they replaced it for free!!

I now have a 2003 honda civic hybrid (manual) with 126,000 miles and I'm averaging 72.2 MPG. out of an average of 1700 miles!! And no problems with the battery or (IMA) here either. I'm sorry some of you are having issues but maybe you should look at yourselves as the problem and not honda!!!

HONDA RULES!!!!

Oh and BTW I live in Florida

Oh and BTW I live in Florida so no excuses about the heat!!!

I have a 2007 Hybrid and my

I have a 2007 Hybrid and my tires were bald on the inside. Looked at the back of the car and the wheels were tilting inwards to the point that I could put a piece of paper under the tires. I found several sites letting me know the control arms were bad on the 2007 models. I was getting 37mpg before taking it in. Now I get 44mpg without air conditioning, but as soon as I turn on the AC, I get 33mpg. I'm 100% sure they played with the battery setting in the car while I was there. California requires a 10 year battery warranty for all hybrids. This might be their way of not having to shell out for new batteries. You may all have good batteries that have been turned down by the dealership?

This posting gotta be from

This posting gotta be from Honda or a Honda employee...