+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

There has been a class

There has been a class action suit. Go to www.HCHsettlement.com. They'll give you $1000, but you have to buy another piece of crap from them. I have a 2006 HCH and am getting the runaround from American Honda. You're all lucky. My silver hunk of junk gets 31MPG. I should have kept my Hummer-- it got better mileage. Now, all I got was a hummer from Honda. Pass the word-- RUN FROM HONDA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Wait! I loved my car for

Wait! I loved my car for the first two years. I have an '06 HCH which got 45-48 MPG. All of a sudden, the mileage dropped to 37MPG and now I get 31MPG. The batteries are dying and if you bring in the car for a looksee or repair, they "fix" it by reprogramming the computer to lobotomize the hybrid system, without ever getting your knowing consent. The battery will take longer to die and the performance is God awful. To make the thing move, you have to floor it since all you really have is a 1.3 litre sewing machine. Don't EVER let them fix it. Let the battery die a natural, death. And then, they will replace it with one of the neutered systems. You'll never get above 37MPG. Do the research. HCH's new mileage ratings are 38-42MPG. Best bet-- sell the thing and buy a Prius. It hurts financially, but you won't be driving a car from a company that has butt fucked you.

I was told the same thing--

I was told the same thing-- heat is bad. So now, when I park the car outside of the mall, I bring an air-conditioned tent and hire a technician to make sure the temp never gets above 75.

That's classic! Thank's for

That's classic! Thank's for the blog, I've now decided against a honda hybrid. (was seriously considering an insight or civic).

Oh my gosh! Every time I

Oh my gosh! Every time I mentioned the problems you mentioned above they dismissed it as a problem. As I read all of this I can definately identify with all of it! I am now furious with the lack of concern for my situation and would tell anyone who is looking to buy one not to!!!!

I HAPPENED ON THIS SITE AND

I HAPPENED ON THIS SITE AND WAS AMAZED! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!! THIS IS DEFINATELY A PROBLEM THAT THEY REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE!!!!!

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED! I WOULD NEVER BUY THIS CAR!

Have 08 HCH problems with

Have 08 HCH problems with battery draining to 1 bar(out of eight) then vehicile acts like a 2 cylinder car and then it almost slingshots you to above the speedlimit. Its like driving a car with the e-brake on. Have repeatetly taken car to honda dealership they say no problems with the hybrid battery. Car has less than 30k on it but we live in west Texas were the heat is a factor. Lots of 100+ degree days. Picked it up from honda dealership were they did a software update, left dealership drained 2 bars in less than a mile. I am a 38 yr old father of 4 girls and I drive like it too, very reserved. I am very dissappointed with this hybrid considering i could have bought a regular civic and maybe added leather and a sunroof. Interested if anymore people in southwest have this problem too? Also I don't like the autostop feature, at a stoplight when autostop is on and ac on vents blow hotter air then if car is actually idleing, no way to turn off autostop so if you want cold air at the stoplight you have to put the car in park, very, very, very annoying. I am in process of finding a good class action lawsuit here in Texas.......SHAME ON HONDA

Ditto- I also live in the

Ditto- I also live in the Everwet state!
    Just bought a used 07 HCH. Got 185,000 on an 89 civic before selling. I'll be happy to get
    ten years out of this electronic marvel.

To All HCH Owners: Thanks

To All HCH Owners:
    Thanks for the warnings. I have a 2006 HCH with 160,000 miles, and have done nothing to date but change the cars oil and tires. I still get 50mpg highway. Had hope to get at least another repair free 150000 miles out of the car. But after reading the posts you have convinced me to trade it in and not press my luck.

Regarding MOTO and the

Regarding MOTO and the window problem. We also had this problem and the dealer did fix it. I have to admit that we have been loosing mileage as well on our 2007 HCH, We are now down to 40mpg and it is even less in the winter. I assumed this was due to warmup time. (WI weather) As of late there has started a new "noise" guess we'll see what that was. We also noticed that the original tires had to be replaced at 30,000 because the noise that they made was so loud we could hardly talk to each other in the car. I bought new tires from another company and have had no further problem in that area.
    There is of course a lawsuit in process, but why by another Honda and not even be able to use the rebate on a hybrid?