+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

You should call Honda, if

You should call Honda, if your car is under 80k there is an emission law warranty for the IMA and engine and they should replace it for free.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

hello,i have 04 civic

hello,i have 04 civic hybrid.battery went out at about 80k miles.dealer replaced for free.this is what they told me...battery is warranteed by factory 150k miles or 10 yrs.for more info of what they did on my car..email me...riclaine@sbcglobal.net goodluck...

Have '03 HCH, bought new in

Have '03 HCH, bought new in Aug. '02. Car has been great; excellent mileage, often exceeding EPA rating without hyper-mileage tricks, but we drive more sensibly then we've seen many of our fellow motorists. If you're getting horrible mileage, and nothing else is wrong (like stuck hand brake, low tire pressure), you can't expect to go 70 - 75 mph or higher, do jack-rabbit starts, screech to a stop at red lights, and get good mileage. But, not to dwell on that, we have experienced two incidents over last 2 years of car not starting after running fine up to a normal shut-off. After waiting a few minutes, it restarts and shows IMA battery gauge with only 1 or 2 bars. But after reasonable driving time, it becomes fully charged and no further problems. Both events around this time of year. Most recently earlier this eve. - mild temps - in situation where we stopped the car and applied flashers, after a few minutes, the flashers were dim and the car wouldn't start. Can't believe flashers would drain either 12v or IMA batter in only a few minutes. Called AAA; but 12 v. battery was okay - shouldn't that have re-started the car? I understood there was a "backup" starter motor (as on regular gas powered cars) hooked to the 12v in case IMA battery is too low, but that didn't "kick in" on either occasion. I've read a lot of the comments here. We live in NH, have used A/C; don't seem to have any other of the issues most writers here have experienced. Don't understand it. Could fault be in the computer? Esp. if checkup finds nothing else wrong. New technology is always fraught with some potential for problems; but Honda Hybrid system has been in use since, what, late 90's?(with original Insight) so it's not "new". Something else is going on to cause the problems described herein.

HI,I don't own a honda ,I

HI,I don't own a honda ,I own a toyota highlande hybrid and I have had the same problems with my hyb stupid i kept the car,there are lemon laws in my state california ,report this to the ftc and the national highway traffic saftey admin Tel# 888 327 4236 and your local state attorney general office and then look up and find the president and ceo of honda's american divison remember the more miles on your vehicles the worse the problem gets and warrenties wear off and then you are stuck with the repair bills,like me 14,000 dollars to fix my hybred that is only 1000 miles over warrenty,the vehicle is only worth 9000 dollars,it now sits in front of my house dead,it cost me 45,000 new and is only four years old,and yes i have a class action attorney,he's the attorney who brought toyota to it's knees in a class action with the acceleration problem ,his name is mark p robinson jr newport beach calif,google search him,a bunch of toyota owners who have experienced your same problems are talking about a hybrid class action /there is strength in numbers my personal e mail is myraferrante@gmail .com let's all get together

toyota hybrids have the same

toyota hybrids have the same problem we need to get together and do a class action

REPROGRAMMING SCAM - The

REPROGRAMMING SCAM - The Auto Companies have realized that the Hybrid Battery may not last the warranty and have reprogramed the vehicles to run the engine longer &/or at higher rpms so the hybrid battery will last through the warranty period. My 08 Tahoe Hybrid went from 21-25mpg to 16-20 after getting reprogrammed and our 08 Honda Civic Hybrid went from a consistant 47+ avg mpg to 40mpg at best on the same daily trips to work. It's a scam that we paid for an auto to get great mileage, which they did get great mpg prior to a reprogram. The Auto Companies are reprogramming our hybrids to save the company money instead of standing behind the warranty to replace battries that don't last and lower our mileage to much less than advertised.

REPROGRAMMING SCAM - The

REPROGRAMMING SCAM - The Auto Companies have realized that the Hybrid Battery may not last the warranty and have reprogramed the vehicles to run the engine longer &/or at higher rpms so the hybrid battery will last through the warranty period. My 08 Tahoe Hybrid went from 21-25mpg to 16-20 after getting reprogrammed and our 08 Honda Civic Hybrid went from a consistant 47+ avg mpg to 40mpg at best on the same daily trips to work. It's a scam that we paid for an auto to get great mileage, which they did get great mpg prior to a reprogram. The Auto Companies are reprogramming our hybrids to save the company money instead of standing behind the warranty to replace battries that don't last and lower our mileage to much less than advertised.

I too am having the same

I too am having the same problem-I've had two "software updates" which decreased my mpg's by at least 3 each time it was done. Now my car has a very rough idle, Auto Stop is practically nonexistant. My Honda dealer (Long Beach, CA) was no help really. Now researching class-action lawsuit...

I purchased a battery

I purchased a battery replacement from Hybrid-Battery-Repair.com in August. The battery was sent and delivered quickly, but I could not get the battery to be recognized by my vehicle. I sent it back and it was eventually sent back to me, but again the replacement did not work. For the last month, I have had very little communication from Ron Hansen who owns the company. I don't think this would be considered good customer service at all.

bought an 03 HCH in 12/02.

bought an 03 HCH in 12/02. was getting 40-45 mpg. 1 mo ago, @ 116,000 miles, IMA light came on. was told had to replace IMA battery for $2400 installed. called 4 wks later & was given price of $3000 for just the battery. service dept didn't know why price went up so much. i do! b/c everyone is going to have to start replacing them b/c, from all the posts here, they suck. in 02 they only had 80,000 mi warr on them, so basically i'm stuck. I pd ~$3000 more for hybrid with NO tax breaks fed or state, trying to be good to environment & where did it get us? extremely disappointed that honda has chosen to screw their loyal customers by giving you software "upgrades" that decrease your gas mileage - only to extend the battery life till the warr is up.