+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

I have a 2007 HCH that I

I have a 2007 HCH that I bought in march 2007. It worked great until it got to around 30k miles. I was getting 50 mpg. Then suddenly it started having battery problems where the battery would drain completely in like 5-10 seconds. I have brought this to my dealer and left the vehicle with them for several days most times. I've brought it in like 6 times for this issue. I also had the window motor issue. They told me this was completely normal and that they all do this. They did apply some software fixes, which none of which help. Now i have 95k miles on it, and the battery discharges completely everyday usually, but I have never had an IMA light come on.

Has anyone thought about trying to get bring this to the media's attention?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I just want to update my

I just want to update my original post ( above) with regard to my situation with my 2007 Civic Hybrid. My car is currently at my dealers who have kindly given me a 2009 Civic Hybrid. Guess what, this one does pretty much what mine does, which is to show a drained battery with essentially no warning which means no assist, no auto shutdown, and disappointing gas mileage.

It is very hot right now here in Charlotte, and I think that this has to be some sort of heat related issue. Perhaps the trunk/battery area needs to be better ventilated or cooled, perhaps by a fan.......

Of course that would run the battery down also, wouldn't it.

Mel, I have a 2006 HCH that

Mel, I have a 2006 HCH that I purchased in 6/06. I have 72,000 miles on in, live in NY, & the IMA light came on this morning! I was told 8 years as well! I am bringing it to Honda tomorrow morning but based on this thread, I suspect bad news . Ironic because when I purchased the car, I got a $3,000 tax credit...same cost as the new battery will be! ugh

Mel, I have a 2006 HCH that

Mel, I have a 2006 HCH that I purchased in 6/06. I have 72,000 miles on in, live in NY, & the IMA light came on this morning! I was told 8 years as well! I am bringing it to Honda tomorrow morning but based on this thread, I suspect bad news . Ironic because when I purchased the car, I got a $3,000 tax credit...same cost as the new battery will be! ugh

My 2006 HCH does the same

My 2006 HCH does the same thing, however i have found that if i turn on my car and let it run for a minute or so. it doesn't have this problem. i got mine in 2006 and haven't had a problem until 2010. and it only was in the summer. a hot summer. it also helped if i didnt floor the gas pedal to drive, but if i gradually sped up to drive. definately takes some patience haha also, I have heard that your gas mileage does drop after a few years of driving a hybrid. was never sure if this was a myth or fact. hope my tricks work for you.

the dealers are scammers,

the dealers are scammers, they tried to charge me $99 for a cabin filter. i bought it on amazon for $13 and replaced it myself. I only trust them for oil changes now.

I have a 2003 HCH and have

I have a 2003 HCH and have had issues with the catalytic converter that needed to be replaced about a year back and now the problem has reoccured and the dealer refused to fix it without charge.

Not just that, now the IMA battery light came on. To fix that problem, Honda is charging a minimum of $3K.

Honda is a cheat of a third class company. Anyone who asks me, I tell them that this is a piece of c__p organization. I am actively spreading by word of mouth and blog that this company is full of s__t! Tell everyone that Honda is a ripoff artist and don't honor commitments. This company needs to be dealt with more extremely than Toyota! Wonder how they have gotten away with it so far!! It is high time they got it up the a__ like what they have been doing to customers!!!

Boycott this company's products! There are many new models from other manufacturers including some great Hybrids and Electrics. Avoid Honda completely!

I have a 2003 HCH and have

I have a 2003 HCH and have had issues with the catalytic converter that needed to be replaced about a year back and now the problem has reoccured and the dealer refused to fix it without charge.

Not just that, now the IMA battery light came on. To fix that problem, Honda is charging a minimum of $3K.

Honda is a cheat of a third class company. Anyone who asks me, I tell them that this is a piece of c__p organization. I am actively spreading by word of mouth and blog that this company is full of s__t! Tell everyone that Honda is a ripoff artist and don't honor commitments. This company needs to be dealt with more extremely than Toyota! Wonder how they have gotten away with it so far!! It is high time they got it up the a__ like what they have been doing to customers!!!

Boycott this company's products! There are many new models from other manufacturers including some great Hybrids and Electrics. Avoid Honda completely!

I also have a 2003 HCH, with

I also have a 2003 HCH, with 162,000 on it. I had the exact same problem happen. Battery lite, engine light and IMA went off at once. IMA was not functioning. Your explanation of the starting/charging system is spot on.
    Fortunately, my Honda dealer was able to install a new IMA fuse, and it has not acted up since. It's been 3 days and about 400 miles so far, and its running back great.

I just received a robo-call

I just received a robo-call from Honda, saying my 2006-2008 HCH needs a software upgrade and I should look for information in the mail this week, and If I don't get the information I should call a phone number (that went past too fast for me to write down).

I found this site by web-search and learned very much - thank you all for posting your experiences.

I've not had problems with my 2007 (51K) yet, but have noticed some drop in mpg (down from 44-ish to 40ish) this summer. My bigger issue had been poor mileage in winter driving below freezing when mpg drops into the low 30's.