+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Civic Hybrid Battery IMA Problems

I have a 2007 HCH with 34,000 miles that has become unpredicable, unreliable and unsafe - and Honda knows about the problem but chooses not to fix it. The battery, especially after being in the heat, suddenly drops to no or one bar and the battery stops providing any assistance and won't charge properly either.

I can only guess it would cost too much to replace the battery and they have made a business decision not to fix my car. My car is driven in Florida, and as other posts here note, the batteries seem to be damaged by our summertime heat (I note the new Prius has a little solar panel that drives a small fan to keep the cabin (and battery pack?) cooler than the 100+ a car quickly heats to when parked in the Florida sun).

My local Honda Service Manager has told me this is a known problem and Honda doesn't know how to fix. He went on to say how frustrated he is because he has already lost three customers due to the problem. He also told me that he is not allowed to order me a new battery, even if he wanted to, without American Honda approval. He suggested there was nothing else he could do and I should contract American Honda Customer Service, which I did. They did not call me back for over a week and when they did, they asked for a couple of days more since they needed to talk to the dealer. Customer Service?

Does anyone know of a fix?

Has anyone who's had this problem had is satisfactorly dealt with by American Honda?

Does anyone know of a good class action lawyer.

DON'T BUY HONDA CIVIC HYBRID - BATTERIES ARE SERIOUSLY FLAWED AND WILL LEAVE YOU FINANCIALLY "SCREWED" SINCE YOU CAN'T SELL THE POORLY RUNNING CAR AND YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT EITHER.

Im getting 10l/100km on my Hybrid ? i reset the meter and got this reading for the 150km ... this is 10km/L about half the advertised efficiency.. temperature is -10 celcius mostly and never crossing 1500 RPM no matter what... im just baffled. 154KM and brought it second hand