+ Reply to Thread

Questions on Hybrid Purchase--Help!!!

I am looking at a 2008 Escape Hybrid with 23K miles, it is a 2WD. I am ignorant as to how these things work. I value your input and honesty!

1) Can I do routine maintenance (oil, brakes) or does it ALWAYS have to go to the dealer?

2) Can I purchase an extended battery warranty after the 100,000 miles expires? (I plan on keeping it for a LONG time!)

3) How do the 2WD's do in the snow, does the Advancetrac really help?

I REALLY appreciate your thoughts and time. We will be deciding between the hybrid and standard 2WD in the next few days...

Thanks!

/Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have an '05 and '09 FEH

I have an '05 and '09 FEH and I've done all my oil and filter changes and plan to do many other jobs as required. I did get a set of Helms workshop manuals on eBay so I could also do a brake job and learn about the hybrid system.

I don't know if you can get an extended warranty after 100,000 miles but if your car was purchased in a green state like California, it may come with a 10 year 150,000 mile warranty on the HV battery, eCVT and D/C - D/C converter already.

The 2WD has been praised by owners how they handle in snow and my 2WD's do very well in some off-road sand and dirt here in Florida.

You may want to look at the '09 or '10 models because they have many improvements over the '08 and prior FEH models.

Good Luck

Thanks for the answers, we

Thanks for the answers, we went with the standard 4-cyl. Hybrid next time for sure!