+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That makes it the most

That makes it the most expensive 12 volt car battery ever!!!!!!lol
    8/80 for the Hybrid one -the one in the back of the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Wallace, What year is

Hi Wallace,

What year is your Civic Hybrid and what is the mileage?

I want to buy a 2010 Civic

I want to buy a 2010 Civic hybrid, but the dealers are telling me they won't be out until December. In the meantime they are trying to sell me an Insight. Please give me some insight as to why they are discouraging sales of the Civic.

I doubt the Insights are

I doubt the Insights are selling as well as they hoped. I don't know the stats, but that's my gut feeling.

If you can afford the HCH, hold out for it. You'll get a better quality car. All the reviews of the Insight say the interior (seats in particular) was really cheaply done.

I started out 2 weeks ago to

I started out 2 weeks ago to get a new 2010 Insight, I have had a 2000 insight the last 9 years and while its still running good i was wanting a bit more room. One of the kids will be driving in another year anyway so she may end up with the 2000.

Anyway, Insights around here at least in the color I was wanting were non-existent and maybe November before they would show up. My dealer had a used 2008 CHC, took it for a test drive and found it to be a better fit. i had ruled them out because of the higher price.

I bought the 08 for less than the insight with more room for the kids in the back. Not sure if there is a difference in the 08 compared to the 10 but overall ride was better in the CHC.

And YES the IMA battery warranty is 80,000/8years for the CHC's. Its in the warranty book that way and at least my dealer is well aware of it. The generation 1 insights had a 10 year 150,000 mile warranty on the IMA, the same dealer replaced my IMA battery and sundries at about 115,000 miles cost to me $0.

bob
    marshall, il

hello. i'm currently

hello. i'm currently shopping for a hch/insight as well. I'm definitely more attracted to the civic, but all the dealers (except for one) that ive spoken to are pushing the insight like crazy, and saying things like "theyre discontinuing the civic" and that "the public likes the insight more". Im 5'5...i can't see out the back of the insight, and I dont need the extra storage space. I want the civic but I'm now a bit hesitant from what i've heard from dealers and now the battery issue. can someone help?

I baught a 2008 civic hybrid

I baught a 2008 civic hybrid used 3 months ago and now my car will not turn over it has 40 k miles on it what are my options for replacing the battery? Will honda warranty it?

"I baught a 2008 civic

"I baught a 2008 civic hybrid used 3 months ago and now my car will not turn over it has 40 k miles on it what are my options for replacing the battery? Will honda warranty it?"

The first thing to check is the 12 volt battery, it could very well be the problem. Do you have the original 12 volt battery, with the indicator window? If so, check it, is it showing blue circle and red dot in center, or clear circle? The latter indicates it's undercharged.

I would suggest getting it to the dealership and let them check it out. You might be able to jump-start and accordingly avoid towing charges, either using a portable jump-start unit, or a friend's car with jumper cables. Just be careful, following proper hook-up (and disconnect) instructions, readily available on the net.

The dealership might even send someone over to do the jumpstart, check that out as well.