+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid???

I am in the market for a hybrid and am curious if anyone has any information on the upcoming 2010 honda civic hybrid?

When will it be available to purchase (when in august/september)?

Any idea about whether or not it will have major upgrades (body/mpg/etc.) from the 2009?

Also, what would be a good price for a 2009 civic hybrid with nav. package WITH a purchase of a 2009 Honda CRV (buy two cars to get a better price/deal on the hybrid)?

Thanks for all who respond.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

http://consumerguideauto.hows

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

Looks like no significant changes between the 2009 and 2010 HCH.

If you can wait a little bit before you buy it, rumors are that Honda my focus on plugins now that the hydrogen fuel cell research funding has been killed by the DOE. Rumor has it that plugin Hondas may come out in the fall/winter of 2010.

I had the salesman tell me

I had the salesman tell me the very opposite. Did you have a hybrid car and the battery went out or is this just hearsay?

There's a reason why those

There's a reason why those facts aren't common knowledge... They aren't true.

Okay the replacement cost is true. Actually, replacement with brand new parts and labor is a little low. But you can pick up a used one at a wrecking yard for $900 and have it installed for another $900.

But the warranty info isn't true. The warranty is 8 year / 80,000 miles.

ALL THAT I WROTE IN PREVIOUS

ALL THAT I WROTE IN PREVIOUS NOTE IS TRUE. THIS WAS DONE AT THE DEALER. AND THE WARRENTY IS 12 MONTHS. I WAS NOT TOLD THAT I HAD A CHOICE OF A NEW OR USED BATTERY. ALL THIS HAPPENED TO ME 2 WEEKS AGO.

RICHARD.

If it's true, and I still

If it's true, and I still have a tough time believing it, you should:
    1) register with the forum so you have more credibility,
    2) provide more facts and less caps-lock so we understand exactly what happened, and
    3) go back to the dealer and demand to talk to the Zone Rep about what happened. Cause Honda's FAQ lists the 80,000 mile, 8 year warranty. If the dealer is screwing you on the warranty, the Zone Rep won't be happy with them.

IT IS SO FUNNY THAT YOU SAY

IT IS SO FUNNY THAT YOU SAY THOSE COMMENTS.
    THE ZONE REP IS THE ONE THAT SOLD ME THE REBUILT BATTERY. I WROTE THAT I HAVE CONTACTED THE ZONE REP 2 TIMES. THEY JUST IGNORE ME. THE DEALER DOES THE SAME THING. THAT IS WHY I AM WRITTING TO BRING OUT THE TRUTH. NO ONE WANTS TO INVESTIGATE THE TRUTH. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET A BETTER WERRENTY. I TOLD YOU THAT I WAS NOT INFORMED I WOULD GET A REBUILT BATTERY.

You wrote that twice on this

You wrote that twice on this board? Where? Cause I'm not seeing it.

And first you wrote that you didn't know about getting a new or used hybrid battery implying you had to get a new one. Now you are saying you got a rebuilt one.

You're not giving us enough facts to figure out what exactly happened so I can only assume you are either lying or you got majorly screwed by the dealer, not Honda.

And at this point I've stopped caring which one it is.

Have a nice day.

Truly, richard wallace

Truly, richard wallace either doesn't know what he's talking about, or just likes to spread lies. I have a 2008 Civic Hybrid and I know for a fact (checked my paperwork) that I have a 8 year/80000 mile warranty on the hybrid battery. Oh, you know what, I bet Mr. Wallace is confusing warranties with the regular battery that starts the car! Anyway, I get 50+mpg highway on rolling hills (OK, I draft trailer trucks a bit and keep it under 75), and I love this car. Yes, I drive 2500 miles or more per month, so I'm considering replacing this car with -guess what?- another civic hybrid before it hits the 80000 mile point.

Learn how to spell

Learn how to spell Warranty.

Thanks.