+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Yes, the transmission (eCVT)

Yes, the transmission (eCVT) is a sealed unit and does not require breaking the seal and changing the fluid. The fluid is special to the FEH to decrease drag. Your dealer serviced a transmission outside the FEH maintenance guidelines and may have used the wrong fluid or overfilled or under filled it. There is no dipstick to check fluid levels and making sure the right fluid was added back, so I'd check the repair documents to see if the right fluid was added back if they noted the type fluid. Most dealers refuse to change the fluid and tell you it's a sealed unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Gary G. - our dealer

Thanks Gary G. - our dealer does has certified Hybrid techs but it is definately worth looking into because I have noticed a difference and was wondering if it was a modulator or adjustment issue. I was not impressed when they told me that they only flush the units. I would think flushing would spread the dirty metallic fluid throughout the unit.

Having worked as a mechanic from 1974 - 1990 I've done many trans services and know first hand how much ground up metal collects is on the bottom of the pan and in the filter and that the 1st service is the most critical. I can't image trans technology has changed that much to support 50K miles before the 1st service. But I could be wrong - our dealer has been pretty good.

But our mileage continues to decrease - also it is winter. I'm due for another service at 70K and also the end of the extended warranty. I'll bring the car in before we hit 70K just in case - it's been great so far. Any suggestions for what to ask them when we bring it in?

Thanks for the info...

Mike

i have a 2010 ford escape

i have a 2010 ford escape hybrid thats mileage has gone down to 16mpg and it doesnt seem to go into regen mode till after pry 5mins of driving. does the cold weather have an effect or any info would be great

Our '05 FEH FWD used to get

Our '05 FEH FWD used to get mileage in the lower 30's, but over the years has steadily declined to 22-24 mpg. This summer the AC became useless. I think it may have started to fail earlier this year but since we didn't need to use cabin AC in the fall/winter/spring we didn't realize it. The AC also cools the batteries and may be affecting the regen & assist efficiency.

The clunker is in the shop now having its AC compressor replaced. The mechanic found that it had self-destructed internally, sending bits of metal throughout the refrigerant lines. He showed me an in-line filter that they took out which was covered in metal shavings. Hopefully this will help improve the fuel mileage. I'm wondering if I should take it into a Ford dealer to have them run battery diagnostics. Does the ODB port report the battery fan/cable/... codes?

Greetings T, This is a

Greetings T,
    This is a somewhat delayed response to your MPG issue when a new radio was installed on your FEH...I changed my 12 volt battery, which died, This past spring.....All of my MPG stats were erased when the new battery went in and it took at least a month before the MPG crept up to ~27 MPG..I own a 2005 CA FEH w/4 WD...I has been getting as high as 28.5 MPG...but got rid of the OEM Contenental Eco-tires (not happy with their traction under snowy conditions- damaged my front and rear bumber covers from sliding into a guard rail) and now have some Korean "Nexus" tires that seem to have the same tread pattens as Michelan tires..better traction=less Mpg...and hopefully a longer life (MINE !..not the car's or tires')..Best, Sparkie

Hi everyone all this. 20+

Hi everyone all this. 20+ mpg sounds like a dream to me. I drive a 1994 explorer and get about 13 mpg. Oh and that's not the bad part, I'm also a delivery driver and a server 20 miles away from my house. So I put about 130 miles a day. That's about 10 gallons per day. I know what your thinking "holy sh*t". Yeah that's horrible. Does anyone want to give away or trade from mine?

Hello, I am in need of some

Hello, I am in need of some advice. I am looking at purchasing at 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid with 81000 miles. I am worried about the battery life as it is not covered under warrenty. I called the dealership and they said it should never have to be replaced and they have never replaced one yet...is this true???? I am trying to save money on gas not buy a SUV that may need a ton of money spent on it in couple of years replacing batteries...it defeats the purpose. Does anyone have any knowleadge about this???? ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Ford HV battery is

The Ford HV battery is designed to last the life of the vehicle. Your battery is still under warranty at a minimum of 5 years or 100,000 miles and longer in green states.

I am thinking about getting

I am thinking about getting one. what is the best year to get? i want great gas milage and something that runs good

I've owned the '05 FEH and

I've owned the '05 FEH and the '09 FEH. My '09 FEH was the best year for great mileage and everything else. I sold my '05 FEH at 80,000 miles because of all the improvements in the '09. The '10 FEH and newer models had some changes to the HV battery A/C which I think was just for cost savings and it reduced MPG. I hold the World Record Lifetime MPG in a FEH with 30,000 miles with a 53.8mpg average in my '09 FEH. See my mileage log at cleanmpg.com