+ Reply to Thread

2010 Prius Pricing announced

Toyota just added this to their press room

TORRANCE, Calif., April 21, 2009 - - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the all-new 2010 Prius midsize hybrid, scheduled to go on sale beginning in late May at Toyota dealers nationwide.

The third-generation Prius will be available in one grade with a starting MSRP of $21,000. The Prius will be offered with five levels of popular standard equipment combinations.

“The 2010 Prius delivers outstanding mileage, performance and advanced technology at a great price,” said Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota Division.

Carter sees the most popular model starting at an MSRP of $22,000, equipped with a high level of standard features, “This model provides more than $2,000 added value, including the features most buyers want, at the same price as the current base model” he said.

A new base model with a lower level of standard equipment is scheduled to be available later this year. It is designed to appeal to the most cost-conscious businesses and consumers.

You can read more on their site http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/t...010-89249.aspx

--
    Eric Powers
    Hybridfest Green Drive Expo – A Hybrid Electric Car Show and More!
    Third weekend in July.
    Madison, WI
    www.GreenDriveExpo.com

I've read it was cheaper to

I've read it was cheaper to buy a new hybrid Prius than a used car. On the other hand used cars in northern ireland are said to be the cheapest ever and worth buying especially if it comes to hybrids. I've been waiting for the new prius to decide and now I'm puzzled a bit. I've been checking the prices of used cars from north ireland at
    http://www.cbg.ie/login.aspx
    and still dont know wherther to chose a new or a used hybrid.

Right now is a great time to

Right now is a great time to pick up a 2009 with the 2010s about to come put. My dealer knocked $2k off the MSRP.

I'm thinking about picking

I'm thinking about picking up a 2nd Gen Prius at a discount price as the 3rd Gen Prius goes on sale.

Any ideas on how much I should get off the MSRP for it to be a good deal?

I picked up my 2009 Prius on

I picked up my 2009 Prius on April 29th. It has Package #4. I got it for $24,500 and MSRP was something like $26,800.