+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Camry Hybrid

I just paid almost $400 for

I just paid almost $400 for the regular battery not the Hybrid battery at the Toyota Dealership. Apparently there is not after market battery for this car. I can understand the Hybrid Batteries costing thousands, but a battery to start the car should cost just south of $400.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Was the battery for a Camry

Was the battery for a Camry or a Prius? How many miles were on the car? We have a 2007 Camry Hybrid with 45,000 miles and were just quoted $500 plus $100 for installation by our dealer.

I am about to go look at a

I am about to go look at a 2008 Camry Hybrid with 75,000 miles already on it. I drive at least 45 miles a day, on both freeway and in lots of stop and go city driving. I tend to rack up the mileage pretty quickly in my vehicles. What I am wondering-- is it worth the risk buying a hybrid that already has 75% of the warrantied battery extinguished? Is it even a risk? I know that warranty is not the same thing as actual lifetime, but I've heard conflicting feedback that the lifetime is only good for about 5 years. Also, does anyone know if you can purchase additional warranty?

Even if you had to pay to

Even if you had to pay to replace the battery at 100000 and it was just out of warranty you would have saved 3200 in fuel assuming the average price of $3 per gallon. So if in a worst case scenario it failed just out of warranty and prices of the batteries never dropped (which they will) you are actually only out $700. This is a small price to pay when you are saving the planet. Now fiqure the reality that you will get 150K or more out of the battery combined with the fact that non OEM batteries will hit the market as demand for them goes up and prices will fall considerably. Buy one, you will be glad you did.

Our 2007 Camry Hybrid is

Our 2007 Camry Hybrid is going strong at 73,000 miles and according to the gauge in the car we are routinely getting 42 mph plus per trip, and 38-39 mpg averages for the tankful. Of the 26 cars I have owned in my lifetime this vehicle is the best functional family car and I'd buy another one without hesitation. Now, if you want inexpensive performance in the twistees, get a Miata. It's about the most fun you can have in a car and not be on a track.

what could it cost to

what could it cost to replace 2009 Camry hybrid batteries?

I just got a 2008 camry

I just got a 2008 camry hydrid and acordng to the guage that reads tank avg i am only geting apx 19mpg. Also the car shakes a little when it goes from gas to ele is this normal.

I have a 2009 Camry Hybrid

I have a 2009 Camry Hybrid that I bought in June 2008. I have just under 50,000 on it. The MPG gauge is about 2 mpg's off, but my average tank of gas is around 40 mpg according to the MPG gauge. It never has gone below 38 mpg and has been as high as 42 mpg. Regarding the shake when the car switches to all electric, it's been normal in my car and it took a while to get used to. I have the luxury model with leather seats. I'm not going to say this is the best car I've ever owned, because I've owned Toyotas since 1981 and have never had a problem with any of them. After driving a truck & SUV for about 7 years, it did take some getting used to driving a car again. But, it certainly is one of the best cars I've owned and certainly the most luxuriest and with more conveniences. In 2.5 years I've saved almost $7,000 is gas compared to the '05 Tundra truck I was driving. From what I understand, when the hybrid battery does go, you do have an option to drive the car with only the gas engine, if you feel that replacing the battery is not cost-effective. If I'm incorrect on this, someone please correct me.

Dear Steve, I might need to

Dear Steve,

I might need to buy a new 12V for my Toyota Camry Hybrid (2009). I am in Europe and they told me they would import it from Toyota USA for 700E. That's REALLY high.

So, are you saying I should only be spending $400, that's about 350E.

Advice???

Thanks

No one can really tell you

No one can really tell you when or how long a battery will last. Yes it might last into the 2-3 hundred thousand miles, but as we all know S%^T happens. I know I can't take a $ 2000-3000 hit.
    I suspect most of us are more worried about the price of gas and saving money than we are about the green of these cars. I try to be as green as I can but am still worried about the chance that I will have to all of a sudden have to replace one of these.
    I have decided to buy another Mercedes Diesel. My brother regularly gets over 40 mpg in his Blue-Tec if he keeps his foot out of the over 400 Ft Lbs of torque that car has. And no battery to worry about.