+ Reply to Thread

Which Year Model to Purchase

I realize I am the newbie here but I have been reading on this forum for several days. I am relocating and taking a job where I will have around a 120 mile a day commute. Most of this commute is on relatively level ground and 65 mph speed limit with moderate traffic. In doing some studying I have pretty much decided on an HCH as the answer but I have several questions. I am not looking at spending $20,000 for a car and will not be purchasing new. It seems that in some of the research I have done the 04-05 hybrids with manuals are posting better real time fuel economy. Is this actually true or are you experts going to give me better advice. If my options are between a 03-07 budget wise where would I be best off. I currently have a dealers license and can buy from the dealer auctions so I have a fairly wide choice of cars to purchase.

I'm looking forward to spending more time on this forum and getting to know people better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The Civic recently just went

The Civic recently just went thru it's refresh so you can look at which year looks better to you - altho the changes are very subtle.

Obviously, if you need something w/ more room or power the Accord Hybrid still managed upper 20s MPG despite having ~260hp. This would be my choice bc of how rare the car would be on the road.

Nowadays, you can get the new Honda Insight for ~$20k as well if you rather not buy used. Then again, w/ the economy so bad you can probably get an new Civic Hybrid LX for about that price as well.

If you drive conservatively, posters have claimed to achieved better mileage w/ the Honda hybrids than what was on the sticker.

Guys, I was also thinking

Guys, I was also thinking about buying Civic Hybrid 2007 used, there are some good deals on this year now.. The question is: does it really have a problem with steering as some people on internet reviews posted? And other question: what about the maintanance of a car? How often the battery should be replaced?and how much is the cost?