+ Reply to Thread

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid IMA light

I just bought a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and already I am having problems with it. On hot days the IMA light turns on, but not the Engine light. If i turn the car off and turn it back on, the light wont come on again. It has never turned on during driving, only when i initially turn on the car and it remains on until i turn it off again. When the IMA light is on, i get poor gas mileage. In total I am averaging about 32 mpg (includes highway and city driving). I took the car back to the dealer where i bought it and they told me that there is nothing wrong with the car. Their explanation is that there isn't enough ventilation to the hybrid battery, so it heats up and that's why the IMA light turns on. Their solution for me was to simply roll down the windows and let the car cool off before turning it on. I think that's ridiculous. What can be the problem? How can I solve this? Also, if i keep the car, will it lead to other problems in the future? Please help with any advice....
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi LCHAIDEZ; Yes, it may

Hi LCHAIDEZ;

Yes, it may appear ridiculous at first but what the dealer told you is the truth. It is a matter of physics and good sense too...

Anyway, I suggest you read the following for a clearer explanation and a few tips that really work.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14151

And this one too:
    http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18185

Cheers;

MSantos

wow. something's definately

wow. something's definately wrong. does your engine fan come on? I get 36mpg in my '03

msanto, i would like to have

msanto, i would like to have your direct contact so you can explain to my why my battery light would show all of a sudden and because of that my battery runs flat and car goes off............in short my battery no longer charges

I have an 03 civic hybrid

I have an 03 civic hybrid and the ima light and the engine light cone on. The car only will work in gas mode, but occasionally the lights don't come on and it works in full hybrid with charge, assist and auto stop lights working... Anyone know what the problem might be? A loose circuit?