+ Reply to Thread

2006 HCH IMA/Check Engine/Battery Light

I have a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid with 116,000 miles on it - she's broke. The check engine, IMA, and battery light all came on at the same time and I lost my motor assist. I turned the car off, and turned it back on and only the check engine came on. I started towards the dealership and 2 miles down the road the other two lights came back on.

Dropped it off - it was Saturday and they were getting ready to close. They have had the car all day today and they don't know what's the issue. Suggested a relay going bad? Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi MNC123 It should quite

Hi MNC123

It should quite easy for the service people to determine the cause of the problems. Nevertheless here are the things to check for:

- 12V battery is weak. This will cause problems similar to what you reported. Replacing the 12V battery- if weak - will solve the problem and clearing the error codes will not be necessary. This alone will the technicians out for a loop and leave them stomped.

- Depending on when your 2006 was built, there's a good chance that this may be a motor/rotor position sensor malfunction. If your car was built towards the end of the 2006 year then this is highly possible.

There may be more, but these two examples are the most common.

Cheers;

MSantos

I had almost exactly the

I had almost exactly the same thing happen to me a week ago on my (new to me) '06 Civic Hybrid except that the warning lights came on intermittently after their first bout of all appearing together.

I took it back to the Honda dealership from which I bought it and they replaced the 12v battery and that solved the problem, just as MSantos has suggested.

I too am having issues

I too am having issues similar to yours....but mine are with my 2005!
    They have changed my hybrid battery and I have replaced my main battery 3 times since I have had this car! All the time same problem!
    I drive it....and in the morning it is dead! It is not holding the charge, yet HONDA has no clue! They don't see any errors or problems when they check it out....NOTHING!
    I have no idea what to do with it now.....
    Any Ideas???

It seems rather simple but

It seems rather simple but have them test the diodes or the rectifier bridge in the altenator. IM not a tech and not sure if this helps but I do understand electricity a bit and that might be the problem.

I don't have a Honda hybrid,

I don't have a Honda hybrid, I have a Volkswagen, but I had some problems similar to yours. I was to an auto service and they told me that the problem was the engine. I bought three VW Parts, exactly what they told me to buy. They changed the parts and now I can say that my car is as new. Don't stay with your car broken, go to an auto service to fix the problem.

i enjoy your article. great

i enjoy your article. great job. keep it simple

i enjoy your article. great

i enjoy your article. great job. keep it simple

Great way of thinking, good

Great way of thinking,
    good things, Generally there are lots of people researching about the same topic.,now they will get plenty of options by your write-up.
    We are now looking forward for additional facts about this

pinterest like