+ Reply to Thread

Do you like your NAH??

I am seriously looking at this car, it would be my first hybrid. Also loking at the Mercury Mariner Hybrid but the price on the Altima is hard to beat, and I do like the sedan..
    What are the pro's and con's of the Altima? I'd appreciate hearinmg from owners.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The list of Cons is short.

The list of Cons is short. The trunk space is small. But we're still able to travel as two adults and a two year old with a pack 'n' play and a few days worth of stuff when traveling to out of state relatives.

The list of Pros is impressive.

Lots of pep.
    Good MPG in the mid 30's. Definitely better mileage in the city driving in the warmer weather. A few tanks 38+.
    Smooth going from EV mode to the gasoline engine engaging.
    Lots of bells and whistles available, we got the Nav, Moonroof, leather seats, pretty much fully loaded.
    Handles really well, responsive, quick on the move acceleration, the CVT is awesome.
    The six-disc front loading CD player (which can MP3's) is great.

We love ours. My Wife loves it. It replaced our 1997 Honda Accord and the Wife couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Absolutely love it. Pros

Absolutely love it.

Pros that Familyguy didn't mention: Intelligent key system is really handy. Decent legroom in the back seat. 20 gallon tank gives me over a month between fill-ups. Quiet even when the ICE is running, but not numb. Really well laid out area for the driver. Everything you need is easy to reach & operate. Everything just seems put together very well.

Only cons I can think of: Trunk is little. I disagree with Familyguy on the EV mode, as ours has kind of a "Grumbly" transition when the ICE kicks in. When the temps are over 100 degrees, the MPG really drops. Sat-Nav has a terrible interface and restricts way too many options whenever the vehicle is moving.

Stephen431 brings up a good

Stephen431 brings up a good point about the Intelligent Key. I don't need to fumble for the key in my pocket when I'm carrying my 2 year old through the parking lot in the rain. It's great.

The other thing I forgot to mention was the Bluetooth. The fact that the car automatically turns down the stereo to play my incoming call through the speakers is awesome. Very handy, or rather, handy-less.

Good luck with your decision.