+ Reply to Thread

New stereo in 2003 Hybrid, caused IMA and door lock problems

I purchased my HCH used a year ago, and I am new to hybrids. Last weekend, we put a new stereo in my 2003 HCH. The person putting in the stereo stated that there was an "extra" wire, and he had nowhere to hook it up to the new stereo. Ever since then, my IMA doesn't seem to be working. The orange IMA "idiot light" on the dash is on, and when you start the car, you have full battery charge, but as soon as you accelerate, it drops to nothing, and then it will appear to charge the entire time you are driving the car, until it is completely 100% charged. Also, the automatic door locks and keyless entry are not functioning. I am a complete dolt when it comes to hybrid repair and maintenance. Does the stock stereo really control all the electronic components of the car??? What do I do now??? HELP!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi WYHybridGrl: Was this

Hi WYHybridGrl:

Was this person who installed the stereo for you a qualified audio technician?

Now, the OEM stereo does have some integration with a module called the MICU and it is sometimes used to display basic instrumentation and diagnostic messages. The MICU is also responsible for handling the instrument array (dash) and the power door locks and windows. I cannot say if its replacement by "something" else could be the cause of your problems but these types of occurrences are not new.
    For a professional and more authoritative recommendation I suggest you take the car to a good dealer in your vicinity.

Cheers;

MSantos

MSantos - Thank you for your

MSantos - Thank you for your recommendation. The person who installed the stereo was a qualified audio tech, but in my neck of the woods, hybrids are apparently a "flash in the pan" (I quote the tech), and they had never put a stereo in hybrid. I will take it to the Honda dealer and let them fix it!

Thank you!!
    WYHybridGrl