+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tires

New Tires

How are the factory Dunlop's doing on the new Civic Hybrids? How do they compare with previous factory tires? I put on alot of miles and about ready to take off my snow tires and buy new tires. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I did not mind the dunlop

I did not mind the dunlop tires in the dry, however in the ice or snow they are the worst tires on this earth, you might as well be on slicks....at least then you would expect no traction in bad weather.

see ya on the road
    Brian

Hey thanks, Brian... I'm

Hey thanks, Brian...

I'm wondering what other stock tires the Hybrid Civic would use that might be better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

wjpm I just ordered 4 kumo

wjpm

I just ordered 4 kumo kr21 from treadepot.com. I had them on my last car and did not see a reduction of mpgs. They did very well in the rain and snow, and were very quite compared to the tires they replaced-Bridgestones I believe. I hope to have them installed by the
    middle of April. I will be out of town so I can not get them installed before. I will keep everyone informed. By the way the tires were 52.00 each. The Honda dealer wanted like 480 for replacement sp31's

Brian

Our '06 came with

Our '06 came with Bridgestone Insignia SE200_02. Aftermarket the SE200 (without the _02) are widely available, and simiilar Rolling Resistance, I think. They have slightly more tread depth at new, and are slightly different in width.

Brand new on snow they'll *just* do. Once tread depth gets down a bit, forget it: dedicated snow tires are needed.