+ Reply to Thread

2003 Hybrid Cat Converter and o2 sensor issues

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid with approximately 150k miles. CEL was on and car was jerking when first accelerating (CVT) so i took it to the dealer. They wrote me up for about $3k. They said that both cat converters need to be replaced and the primary o2 sensor as well.
    my car neeeds a new hybrid batt which they are replacing for free because its just under warranty.

anyone have these issues before? anyone know cheaper alternatives?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I HAVE REPLACED CATALYTIC

I HAVE REPLACED CATALYTIC CONVERTER AND RECENTLY MY MAIN BATTERY. THY WANTED $3000.00 TO REPLACE NOT COVERED I HAVE 92,000 MILES. I HAD IT REPLACED. AND THE NEW BATTERY HAS A WARRANTY 12 MONTHS OR 12,000 MI. THAT IS A REAL BAD THING. I LIVE IN NEVADA AND BATTERIES DO NOT LAST. NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THAT. HONDA IS NO T GOOD TO US.

My 2004 HCH only had an

My 2004 HCH only had an 80,000 mile warranty on the hybrid batteries. How is it that your's were replaced under warranty at 150,000 miles? Sorry, I don't know of other soultions to cat converter or O2 sensors except changing them yourself or at a local muffler shop.

CVT was recalled. That

CVT was recalled. That replacement should be of no cost to you. The belt stretches over time and it begins to slip. There was a class action suit on that item and Honda was forced to recall.

That's a bit too expensive

That's a bit too expensive indeed, sometimes it's better to see an independent mechanic who could offer you a better price and this is one of those cases when you absolutely have to ask for a second opinion. I am so relieved my car's revision went a little better, all I have to do is getting a new oxygen sensor and this shouldn't cost me too much.