+ Reply to Thread

07 HCH jumps during start-up

I've had my '07 HCH for almost a year and a half, and I bought it brand new. It now has 20k miles. Starting around 2,000 miles my car sporadically began to jump during start-up. When I turn the key and just as the engine is coming on (in park with emergency brake on) the car jumps forward. Sometimes it's a light jump, and sometimes it's a very violent jolt. I have brought the car back to Honda (2 different dealerships) 6 times and they've never been able to duplicate the problem. Also it seems to happen more often when the A/C is on during start-up. Has anyone else had this problem?

Furthermore, my drivers side power window has been fixed twice; the drivers side power door lock actuator has been replaced twice, and my headliner has been replaced twice due to bubbling, and still looks bumpy at this time. Overall this car has been nothing but a headache!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Some of the things you

Some of the things you mention are very unusual indeed.

Have you been in touch with Honda Corporate? If not, please give them a shout or write them a letter. Tell them about your case and provide them with all the details of the service performed thus far. There are way to many things that are definitely not right and should be looked at ASAP.

The level of "jumping" you mention is very unusual. However, a bit still happens when the temps are cold. Excessive and violent jumping is frankly a bit serious and should be investigated with Corporate Honda's awareness even if they have to send a tech down.

Bubbling headliner? That is the very first time I've heard of that one and should also be investigated.

The driver's side door is a known issue for some owners... but rarely as severe as your reports indicate. I would contact Honda Corporate on this subject as well.

Cheers;

MSantos

I have been in contact with

I have been in contact with Honda Corporate indeed. They have been of no help. When I filed a BBB auto line complaint a few months ago, they rejected my request to have the car replaced under the lemon law, and instead offered me a $600 Honda Car Package. I rejected it, because warranty or not I don't feel as if I should be having to bring the car in every month or two for another problem. Now they don't return any of my calls, and I've handed the case over to a Lemon Law lawyer...

But as far as the jumping goes, it's not exclusive to cold-starting. It happens sometimes after I've just left the car for a few minutes. And living in San Diego, I would say the coldest temperature the car has been started at would be in the low 40's (maybe twice!). There is really no rhyme or reason as to frequency in which this occurs.

From the interior of the car being pulled apart and put back together so many times it looks terrible. None of the molding is flush, and the car rattles awfully. It also seems as if the window might break again soon.

Anyway, thank you much for your response! I'm hoping that maybe somebody out there has had similar problems and might respond, although I would never wish this hassle upon anyone.

This was the first Honda I have ever purchased, and I've never felt so regretful over purchasing a car.

Hi denbyp; I am really sorry

Hi denbyp;

I am really sorry to hear about your story.
    I would gather that you may have a true lemon of a car and I would say that much of what you report is way out there in terms of uncommon. It also looks like the dealerships may have had a hand in contributing to your complaints especially if the car has been pulled apart and put together so many times. This is definitely odd and definitely not a good sign.

I sure would like to get a hold of the summary of events leading to the situation you're in as I find the lack of good will on the part of Honda Corporate very unusual and not reminiscent of the experiences of other folks.
    If you do not mind me asking: Was your relationship with any of the dealerships you dealt with, stressed or less than cordial?

Cheers;

MSantos