+ Reply to Thread

Drove Hybrid back home to Chicago

Finally. Have it. Silver with Connection package and the sunroof. Flew out to Boston, paid the VPP price and drove home to Chicago. (stopped overnight in Toledo...natch)

Before I bought it I confirmed that the local dealership had been trained on how to service it (3 techs have completed all the off-site courses) and so I'm good to go. In fact, (since it's in my best interest that they stay current on it) I've suggested that I leave it with them for the day next week to let them tinker with it for a few hours. The service manager thought it was a great idea.

I will eventually get an aftermarket in-dash Nav (Kenwood with the Garmin GPS), but for now I'm a happy camper. I've been looking for a few months and I haven't seen another one around Chicago, so it's sort of neat to tool around in it.

Just curious, what

Just curious, what dealership did you use? Your car sounds similar to mine, but I have the convenience package, not the connection package (+ moonroof, mats, and kick plates) My sticker was $28,125. I purchased in N. Attleboro MA and managed to get them down to 23.5K, they also threw in an aftermarket gps system . But that was in January. What does VPP price mean?

Worked with Colonial Nissan

Worked with Colonial Nissan of Medford - after talking on the phone with 4 or 5 other dealers, they were simply the most responsive.

VPP is Nissan's "preferred" pricing - one level for Nissan employees and one for employees of companies that do business with Nissan. I used the latter. The car I bought had a sticker of 31500 and I paid 27800. 23.5 is awesome for the convenience pkg + the rest.

With gas over $4 I'm wondering what the 2009 prices will be for the NAH.

I just did similar. I live

I just did similar. I live in Louisville but visit my company HQ in Philly every couple weeks, and after months of research, I fell in love with the '08 NAH. Costco referred me to Lynne's Nissan in Stanhope, NJ because they participate in Costco's program, and I found the sales guy there to be responsive, helpful, and knowledgeable. He was able to source the car I wanted with the one exception that I had to settle for the charcoal leather interior instead of blonde leather because, it turns out, there were not any Majestic Blue, Tech Package, no sunroof vehicles with the blonde leather interior within 500 miles or so. In fact, one of his guys had to drive this one back from Rochester, NY. I actually called around to dozens of dealers and was surprised how few NAH's are even on the market, let alone having exactly the configuration I wanted.

Nicholus - I'm in Chicago

Nicholus - I'm in Chicago and considering a used Altima Hybrid. Can you tell me which dealer in town has techs trained for the hybrid?