+ Reply to Thread

Hybrids in the HOV

Hi - I am working on an article about hybrid owners who fit any one of the following descriptions:

You use your hybrid to drive solo in the HOV lane

You want to do that but your state doesn't allow it

When you purchased your hybrid - you did it with HOV driving in mind

You disapprove of the concept of driving solo in the HOV even with a hybrid

If you are willing to be interviewed - please contact me at hybrids.in.the.hov@gmail.com

--- I'm also looking to make a list of which states allow it and which don't.. so if you have that handy info please post it here--

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

You use your hybrid to drive

You use your hybrid to drive solo in the HOV lane - Yes

You want to do that but your state doesn't allow it - Florida allows it

When you purchased your hybrid - you did it with HOV driving in mind - No

You disapprove of the concept of driving solo in the HOV even with a hybrid - No

I only use the HOV lane when traffic is slow in that lane. The HOV lanes are for faster traffic and I normally drive in the Right lane with slower traffic to save gas and pollute less. However, if the other lanes are at a crawl, using the HOV legally with my hybrid is not a bad idea IMO.

Hi, This is onlinev from

Hi,
    This is onlinev from canada. I am a newbie of this site and i think this site has a lot to provide to the visitors.
    onlinev

<a href=http://mls.fastrealestate.net>MLS</a>

IMHO: I am not in favor of

IMHO:
    I am not in favor of allowing solo hybrid drivers in HOV lanes for a number of reasons.

* Hybrids are most efficient in the slower lanes

* HOV lanes aren't just there to reduce fuel consumption but also to reduce the number of cars in urban environments to ease traffic and parking congestion

* Hybrid ownership is its own reward, no further public policy rewards are necessary

[and do the math on this one, a Chevy Suburban carrying 6 passengers is burning less fuel per passenger mile than a Prius with a solo driver]