+ Reply to Thread

2010 Fusion Hybrid

Thought you Ford fans might be interested. I have a press pass to the Detroit auto show and got a chance to drive the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. It was on an indoor track so speeds were limited, but I came away very impressed. The new graphical instrument cluster is extremely nice, very useful and easy to read.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I read a review of a test

I read a review of a test drive in that tunnel so to speak and it said something about having to sign a wavier.

The FFH should be a real mileage king in its class. I don't know how much of this new "Reverse Fake Shift" technique played, but I may have an over 700 mile tank at close to 54mpg. I still have about 150 miles to go on this tank, but this will be a record tank in a FEH I think. This is with E10 so straight gas will give much higher numbers. Not that everyone will hypermile the FFH, but clearly it should get 41mpg with little trouble.

Toyota is now claiming the Prius is a mid-size sedan and wants Ford to compare the FFH to the Prius which is 600 pounds lighter. Ford claims, the last time they checked, the Prius didn't have a trunk so it's not a sedan.

The waiver was a standard

The waiver was a standard liability waiver. You also had to take a breathalizer (seriously) before getting behind the wheel.

Here is an article and some

Here is an article and some nice pictures of the auto show:

Just because we had fun at the Detroit Auto Show doesn't mean there weren't somber moments. In fact, most moments were. Here are the 11 most depressing moments from the 2009 Detroit Auto Show.
    http://jalopnik.com/5132122/the-11-m...roit-auto-show

Gary: Thanks for posting

Gary: Thanks for posting that link. Honest to God truth, I was the guy walking under the Chrysler sign when it fell to the floor. I'm in first picture, about in the center, in front of the empty turntable.

I considered it an omen, for Chrysler, not for me.

I thought there was a chance

I thought there was a chance you might be in one of those photos! That was the main reason I posted the link.

Hi, We are a group of

Hi,
    We are a group of students from Imperial College in London and as part of our MSc in Environmental Technology, we are studying the comparative influence of several groups of parameters on car-buyers' behaviour. We would be very pleased to collect answers from car owners and especially hybrid cars owners in order to draw relevant conclusions from our statistical analysis.
    By filling in this survey, you will enable us to collect valuable data for our research. Of course all these data will remain strictly confidential and anonymous, and will not be diffused to anyone outside the academic staff at Imperial College.
    here is the link to our questionnaire, it should not take you more than 4-5 minutes to fill it in:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...YBq85DYA_3d_3d
    Thank you very much for your time.