+ Reply to Thread

2009 Nissan Cube

Hey what's up? I'm Paul and I work for MWKS - we're currently partnered with Nissan to spread the word about the North American debut of the Nissan Cube. We're providing people with the opportunity to see the car before it hits dealerships in 2009 through these first-look photos. I've included the brand new pics below, and feel free to use or share them however you'd like. I tried contacting some mods here to make sure it's alright to share this material with you guys, but never heard back, so hope it's cool with you guys.

We're excited about the arrival of this new fuel-efficient compact car. You can see more official pictures and a teaser vid at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nissan...7996866?ref=ts or visit NissanUSA.com/cube if you're into it.

So what are your first-impression thoughts of the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I would like to see the JDM

I would like to see the JDM bench seat and a sunroof available here

Paul, What's under the hood?

Paul,

What's under the hood? Is this just another lame ICE that you're trying to dress up or is it really something fuel efficient or even better, and alternatively powered vehicle?
    Unfortunately, all you are showing us is your art portfolio, not anything about an automobile.
    Now if this is a new hybrid utility vehicle than maybe I'd care.
    Sorry I'm so harsh but we really need something better, not just different lipstick on pigs.

Thanks for sharing your

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, guys.

The Cube gets 30+ mpg and runs on a 122-hp 1.8L 4-cylinder engine. For additional specs, check out the link to the official website I provided.

Again, this is a "first-look" to let you know the car will be hitting the U.S. market and what it will look like. More information will become available as we near the American release.

Paul, Thanks for the

Paul,
    Thanks for the details. Personally, I'm not particularly impressed (but that can be tough). It sounds like just a copy of the Scion Xb or the Element.
    We need to get our cars to quit using oil, not just keep changing the way they look.
    Why not put your Altima hybrid drivetrain in it or better; give it your Altra Li-ion pure EV drivetrain (with a little improvement on the battery pack)? Then you'd have something unique, not just a copy of what someone else has.