+ Reply to Thread

88,000 miles on a used FEH. Good or bad idea?

I am looking at an 05 Ford Escape Hybrid. I like everything about it except for the mileage- 88,000. Is this high for an FEH? Will I be looking at big repair bills in the next 10,000-20,000 miles or will it last way longer than that? For current high mile FEH owners- when did you start having problems, if any?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I only have 51,000 miles on

I only have 51,000 miles on my '05 FEH and very few problems. I would check the oil, air filter and most of all the HV battery filter. There is an access panel on the drivers side cargo area to access the battery filter and this is where you can check it. The hybrid tech at my dealership said it is important to keep a clean filter to maintain the battery warranty. It should be changed at least every 20,000 miles.

Proper care should give you 250,000 miles with the standard problems but the hybrid components are well built. Make sure the A/C works great because the compressor is used to keep the battery temperature maintained for its life.

There are FEH taxi cabs in

There are FEH taxi cabs in NYC that have between 200,000 and 300,000 miles now and have proven to be more less trouble free.

Ford builds high quality, durable products. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one with 88,000 miles on it. Just don't get exciting and pay too much.