+ Reply to Thread

Problems with adding Xenon light kit?

I just picked up a 2007 HCH and would like to add an aftermarket HID/Xenon headlight kit to replace the low beams only. I've found this set up far superior to the OEM halogen set up.

Has anybody made this modification? Does anyone know of any issues or complications with this change?

I've installed the kit on previous cars with no problem. Just wanting to do my research as I do not want to adversely effect the car realizing that the headlight change affects the battery differently than standard halogens.

Thanks all!
    Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Yes, there have been HCH

Yes, there have been HCH owners who have made the HID switch without any complications. Just watch for the wiring and the placement of the ballast unit(s).

Cheers;

MSantos

Great, thanks MSantos. If

Great, thanks MSantos.

If anyone has a link and a recommendation on where to buy, please post or email me. Thanks!

Most of the kit installs I

Most of the kit installs I know of that were fitted into the HCH-2 were purchased on eBay.

You may want to have a look there and pick at least a good middle of the road unit. Some will offer a good warranty and instructions which are specific to the HCH-2.

Cheers;

MSantos

I'm looking into using

I'm looking into using these:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID_Kits_H...2001_s/216.htm

The price is a tad high but the kits seem to be high quality.

My only ?? is whether or not I really need to use the positive battery connections?