+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Tires?

Best Tires?

I have a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid. I have been getting about 50MPG but I just replaced the factory tires and I dropped by about 7 MPG. I coulld not find LRR tires in my area so I hoped for the best but it did not work out. I am going to take these tires back and order LRR tires.

Does anyone have a recomndation on which tires I should order?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

So what were the tires you

So what were the tires you got?

Regarding a good LLR tire, your best is likely the original tire. I'm not sure what that is. FWIW, the HCHII comes with:

Bridgestone Insignia SE200-02

At least ours did. You can check out the SE200 and SE200-02 at Tirerack. The -02's come in only 2 sizes, which may nort work with your '05. They're also 2lb's lighter than the SE200, and have a slightly different width. Their country of origin is Japan, I believe the SE200's stated CA, which I believe equals Canada. Anyway, I would think the regular SE200, which is available in more sizes, is a close match, but not sure.

The SE200 has pretty dismal ratings for traction at Tirerack, I think it's pretty difficult getting LLR *and* top-notch traction. Our SE200-02's have worked out ok in temperate west coast climate. They're not that hot in the snow, but "ok".

Any update on this situation

Any update on this situation - I'm just about to replace my standard tires on my Ford Fusion Hybrid - any recommendations? I've been looking at Mavis Tire because they are local and have some really good deals, and let you search by size. I live in an area where it does snow from time to time, so need tires with decent traction. Just looking for an input! Thanks.

I have been getting about

I have been getting about 50MPG but I just replaced the factory tires and I dropped by about 7 MPG. I coulld not find LRR tires in my area.PC Talk

Early hybrid systems are

Early hybrid systems are being investigated for trucks and other heavy highway vehicles with some operational trucks and buses starting to come into use. The main obstacles seem to be smaller fleet sizes and the extra costs of a hybrid system are yet compensated for by fuel savings..
    wrongful death lawyers

Van tires often face

Van tires often face challenges that are a combination of light truck duty and passenger car duty. That makes it a little bit of a puzzle when it comes to choosing tires. antiwrinklecreaminfo.com

The main environment that

The main environment that the vehicle is going to be used in should determine what kind of wheels to get. Obviously, if the vehicle is going to be used in a primarily grassy or sandy place, having a thick tooth traction pattern would be very helpful. lithium ion battery pack