+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Used Prius Selling Price

Kind of an odd question so I didn't know where to post this but...

I was fortunate enough to have won a 2008 Toyota Prius. Base model. Awesome!

I don't have the car in hand yet and I'm trying to make plans on what route to take. Here the facts and questions for you all. I'm in IL. The Prius doesn't fit my lifestyle (need a larger car) so I will definitely not be able to keep it. I'd like your thoughts/opinions please...

--I'm going to try to work with the dealership to have them buy the car. Knowing that they are going to try to lowball me, about how much do you think they'd offer? I'm paying destination, registration, title, etc (if I have to buy it and sell it back). It would technically be a used car at that point but because of the demand, they could still make quite a bit of money on the deal.

--I'm contacting CarMax to see how much they'd give me.

--I'll consider a private party sale if the dealer route doesn't work to my satisfaction. How much do you think a 2008 used Prius with about 20 miles on it would go for?

Any insights are appreciated!

Wlmblock

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Most high value prize givers

Most high value prize givers will give you the option of the prize or its cash equivalent instead. This is generally to save you from paying the required taxes (income and sales) and other costs you mention. Winning an item can actually cost you a lot of money in the long run. If you take the cash, you'll have some money to pay your extra income taxes with. Remember that the IRS considers prizes as income.
    A friend of mine won a new Corolla from a radio station promotion a year ago. She took the cash - and quickly applied it to the purchase of a Camry Hybrid :-).

Used cars in Baltimore will

Used cars in Baltimore will add transportation comforts to your everyday
    routine in the more enjoyable spot in east cost and its neighborhood
    cities like Dun talk, Loch earn Catonsville and Middle River and so more.
    Good used cars are good in condition..
    ==============================================
    williams.
    Used Cars

I hope you figured out your

I hope you figured out your vehicle ordeal by now, but I wanted to write a follow up. This is a common scenario for so many vehicle shoppers and it's important to know your options. There are benefits to trading the vehicle, like sales tax. But you can probably profit more from selling the vehicle by private party, that is if it sells. It's quite difficult to put a value on a vehicle for the dealer. It really depends how much they need your trade and how much room in price they have for the car you're trying to buy. I mean lets face it, whether they cut the new car price or give you more money for your trade, it all works out the same. Chances are that they will not do both.

Best of Luck,
    Tom, Used Cars in Tucson

I just wrecked my 2005

I just wrecked my 2005 totaled And have been googling I WILL OFFER $14995

You should take the car and

You should take the car and sell it yourself, also it will help to tell the reason you're selling it. Don't work with dealerships, you'll get ripped off of every possible penny. Since I assume that suggesting you to put it in an automobile donation program would be too much to ask you should just just resell the car yourself.

First of all, you're looking

First of all, you're looking at buying a Toyota, a well-known model, and a gas-saving car. All of these factors will make your purchase more difficult and expensive. The price of a car, however, is largely dictated by negotiation, even more so than value sometimes. Learning how to negotiate is the key. This site is great, and here's another site you might want to look at.

http://arizonataylor.hubpages.com/hu...r-Cut-Spending

Try this - there are several

Try this - there are several actual prices paid for 2008 Prius models:

http://www.pricehub.com/price/Toyota/Prius/2008

25K miles or less is about $20K.

Try this - there are several

Try this - there are several actual prices paid for 2008 Prius models:
    http://www.pricehub.com/price/Toyota/Prius/2008
    25K miles or less is about $20K.

Hey you can go for used cars

Hey you can go for used cars Ireland. They provide you approximately all models of prius at a cost that is affordable for you and you get a car of your choice. Its a good option think about it atleast once.