+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone ordered an '09 MMH ?

I don't have a lot of time to read all the threads at the hybrid forums, but from those I have read I've seen several people who have ordered '09 FEHs. I've been waiting to hear from the salesman at my local L-M dealer who said he would let me know when he had "official" ordering info. I can't see it making any sense that there would be a different date to order the MMH, so I was wondering if anybody has placed an order for one? He seems like a good guy, but if he can't help me order one, I need to find someone else who can. The looks of the Merc suit me a little better, but if I can't get one, maybe I'll have to order the Ford.

Double D: In the past '08

Double D:

In the past '08 (ha) there were some modifications to the MMH from the FEH, do not let the reviewer sway you as I was. I did some real investigating and found some differnces that for the '09 have been incorporated into the FEH. The major difference was the Keypad entry, nonexistant on the FEH for '08, but was standard on the MMH. Also there is a side marker which I guess is a mercury thing.

The keypad has been incorporated into the FEH for 09 at least in the Limited model. The side marker I don't think has crossed over. Other than that , both models are made at the same plant by the same people using the same materials, sorry to burst your bubble.

There is only one advantage to order a MMH, over the FEH and I've thought about it, and that is, there were only 667 models made for the '08 year, you will have penty of time for the tax incentive, where the FEH is nearly about to be halved.

Someone else out there can probably give you exact numbers, mine are a bit rough. Personally I like square fogs in the MMH, not round ones, but I ordered an FEH anyway, its the same damn thing.

-paul

I looked at both and

I looked at both and oredered the '08 FEH... they were easier to come by than the MMH and the Ford dealer seemed more knowledgable and willing to order one. The MMH people actually didn't seem too enthused about it. They all want to sell you a car ON their lot and will often try to talk you into that.

Anyhow, by all I've read I've read I must have got lucky because my '08 FEH only took 6 weeks to make (04/07-06/07) I had it by June 1st 2007. I think some dealers have better contacts with Ford or some just get lucky. Regardless I was still able to get the guy to come off of MSRP by $1,500 and was able to trade my used car in.

The 3K tax credit worked easy and without a hitch which really sealed the deal for me. Other than a few annoying problems you can read about in my perfect storm blog... things have been good on the FEH and the MPG is great at a solid 35 MPG average.

Oh yeah, when you do order... be ready to put a deposit down. They let me go with only 1K, but I hear it can be much higher.

Evlar

After discussions with my

After discussions with my salesperson last week, my 2009 MMH was ordered Monday 5-12-08. I tried to make it simple: I want everything available.

Hi HeloCaptain Can you give

Hi HeloCaptain

Can you give us some more details - FWD or AWD, MSRP and price paid, and any news on ETA?

Just to clarify - the IRS

Just to clarify - the IRS tax credit is based on the combined sales of the FEH and MMH (both FWD and 4WD).

AWD. MSRP not

AWD.

MSRP not discussed.

Late June delivery date (which seems to conflict with 6-23 for the first build date seen on several sites).

Price = dealer's invoice. [The great price is the result of the dealer having sold (to someone else) my ordered 08 the day it arrived.]

For anyone who is looking for an 08 MMH, the San Diego L-M dealer seems to have the largest inventory (10+) I have seen in SoCal (that is not my dealer).

I placed an order yesterday.

I placed an order yesterday. I'm waiting to get the fax that confirms everything and the exact figures, but here's what I know so far.

Pricing for MMH 09 FWD Premium Package plus a moonroof was $33,800. That's every option I think except for changing the wheels. I don't know if it included destination fees and such. I ended up ordering it with leather and moonroof, not the Premium Package because we didn't want the Nav System. The price was $30,800 MSRP, no negotiating on the price.

Dealer made no mention of delivery date, left it completely open-ended, which is what we expected. We had to leave a $1000 deposit, and no x-plan accepted. I'm probably doing a trade-in, and they gave me a very fair price if it was traded in today. Of course, they wouldn't hold to the price since the car won't come in for another 6 months. I only hope they hold to their fairness and give me a similarly good deal.

I'll post the actual figures when I get them today hopefully. The price was better than I expected, thought it was going up more than it did.

Update On my 2009 FEH

Update On my 2009 FEH order

Dealer confirmed today that my vehicle is SCHEDULED to be built the week of June 30. He said Ford believes it will be at the beginning of that week, but the weekly schedule still varies based on a lot of factory factors. Loaded 2009 FWD FEH Limited +NAV Black Pearl Met. FTO8 688 U49 . I am only a short train ride from the factory, and He expects it within 1 week after build, but told me to stay calm for 1-3 weeks. So I have put up a dart board with June 21st as my target.

Xplan pricing is confirmed - The vehicle will be ~900 bucks more than my original order of a 2008 in December - BUT more than worth it with all the 09 adders: More High strength steel everywhere, better rigidity, Bigger Sway bar, E-VSC, Keypad entry, Bigger ICE, Higher EV, Sync, Cooler (shiny) wheels, and although ford has not posted it, I am sure we can improve the MPG.

Hey Cougar: When did you

Hey Cougar:

When did you place that order and just confirming that you used the X-Plan?

Reason being, I ordered mine on May 3rd using the X-Plan and the dealership can't get an idea of the schedule, well that was a couple of weeks ago.

-paul