+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for the response

Thanks for the response MSantos. I am thinking the same way, our Bridgestone Insignia were chosen for LRR. They "track" nicely, ie: they stay nicely centered, don't feel vague, corner well, etc. I do suspect the Michelin Harmony's will give an extra measure of traction/safety, but with some mileage penalty. Tough call.

I've seen a Michelin video showing 2 cars rolling back and forth in a sloping track, pendulum style, one with their new ultra LRR tires. I've not seen anything on their website tho, or it's well hidden.

Hmm, maybe a bird in the hand...

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Touring TA pro series

Touring TA pro series 195/65R15/ Goodrich made by Mich. Outsatnding tires.

Made in Romania.

Is it OK to use 0w-10

Is it OK to use 0w-10 Oil?
    Will that get better mpg than 0w-20?

Royal Purple makes 0w-10

Theoretically it would help

Theoretically it would help get better mileage.

But despite Honda not recommending such oil weights at all, it would be interesting to see if there are any side effects (i.e: leaks) that would be evident by using the Royal Purple formulation.

Anyone want to try it on their HCH-2 ?

Cheers;

MSantos

yeah, I've never seen oil

yeah, I've never seen oil that thin anywhere
    and I know that HCH and Insight use 0w20

A couple side notes: Royal Purple doesn't make 0w20; they have 0w10 and 5w30

And also, I don't own a hybrid myself, so I couldn't try it.

bump

bump

ufesun

ufesun

A long time ago, in the

A long time ago, in the service moving around a lot, I tried various brands of oil, I found changing brands increased use and it took several changes of new brand before oil consumption went down again. Probably not good idea to change brands often, each brand has different combinations of suspension agent to keep crud from setteling in engine, and solvents to dissolve combustion carbon scraped from cyllinder walls by rings. Good luck with lighter oil weight and new brand.

It took two oil changes for

It took two oil changes for my MPG to go up with 0W20 synthetic. Also the longer the oil stays in between changes the better the mileage.

PS/ watch the dealer, they

PS/ watch the dealer, they will let the air out of your tires and put the wrong oil in.