+ Reply to Thread

poorer front crash ratings on early 08 FEH

What's the story with the poorer (3-star) front crash ratings for the early 08 FEH produced before June 6, 2007? What was the defect and how was it corrected? How to avoid these guys on the pre-owned market?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I doubt that there was any

I doubt that there was any actual change in the Escape's structural components in the middle of the production year so I would suggest that either:

There was an error in the test procedures or the reporting thereof . .

or

you worry about this stuff too much.

You are incorrect on both

You are incorrect on both counts. Ford switched out a poorer flloorboard on June 7, 2007.

The Ford Fusion actually had

The Ford Fusion actually had the same thing done. I believe vehicles made after a January 2007 date have the 5 star crash rating.

The Escape is a 9 year design and this hinders its ability to become five star crash vehicle and four star roll-over.

I have a 2008 Escape Hybrid

I have a 2008 Escape Hybrid that was manufactured after May of 07. The sticker shows 4 stars for frontal crash/driver and 5 stars for the other categories.

(And if you knew the answer why did you ask the question? I still think you worry about this stuff too much.)

b/c I posted the same

b/c I posted the same question concurrently on greenhybrid forum and they answered first and nice.

Why you think that?