+ Reply to Thread

fuel economy of older hybrid Escapes

How does the fuel economy of the older Escapes compare?
    Please provide numbers and/or links.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

GaryG is found here too.

GaryG is found here too. His lifetime mpg average is like 45. That is likely the tops. You asked this on the greenhybrid.com site where an answer(s) await.

I await. ;)

I await.

As of yesterday's Hybridfest

As of yesterday's Hybridfest MPG Challenge, I still hold the record set last year at 60mpg max (61.8mpg) in a '05 FEH with E-10. As Billy noted I have the highest lifetime MPG average of 45mpg. The '05 and '06 FEH have stronger regen than the '07 and '08 FEH/MMH. This allows a quicker charge of the HV battery while hypermiling. If you drive the FEH/MMH like a car and not hypermile, the newer models will give you a little better mileage.

The '09 FEH has a 10mph increase in EV speed if you go by earlier model claims by Ford and published articles. Most of us can get ~38mph after break in the older FWD models. My '09 FEH that I ordered should arrive within the next few weeks. I will do a comparison shortly after that here on Hybridcars.com for the group.

If I were to sell my fully loaded (every option) FWD with 49,000 miles, I would require $18,500 for it as of today. My credit union told me this was the loan amount they would loan as of last Thursday. The FEH/MMH is becoming an investment that is increasing in value with gas prices and availability. The FEH/MMH is the most fuel efficient SUV on the Planet for 4 straight years now.

the early 08's produced

the early 08's produced before june 6, 2007 have poor front crash ratings...

Wilder, your input is in the

Wilder, your input is in the wrong thread. This one is about fuel economy.

You are correct, BillyK.

You are correct, BillyK. Highjacking my own thread.

My 2006 AWD averages 32-34

My 2006 AWD averages 32-34 highway during the summer months and drops considerably during winter months. Down to 24-28 depending on how cold it gets. 28MPG when temps are around 35-25 degrees and 24 when the temps drop below 20 degrees. I have used GaryG's suggestion of keeping the fan off as long a possible during the winter but as others have posted when the temp reaches 10 or lower the FEH still kicks back in while sitting at stop lights.
    I found this web sight shortly after purchasing my hybrid and have employed a lot of the solutions suggested by hypermilers like, tire inflation (40lbs), fake shifting, etc. I've also noticed that a head wind drops mileage more than a tail wind appears to help.
    I also tend to keep my speed around 60 mph so long as I'm not having a negative impact on traffic. This includes choosing routes that are two lane highways with a 55 speed limit over 4 lanes which are 65.