+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Congrats Gary, By your

Congrats Gary,

By your inital post, ti sounds like the 09 is a big improvment under the hood. I look forward to reading more. On another note, I went ahead and did a heater core bypass as your notes suggested without any problems. It does seem to help keep the AC cooler, longer in the cabin... but better yet, it seemed to fix my other AC issue with the one vent blowing warmer than the other. I guess the hot coolant fluid cycling throuh there really impacts the temperature of the air regardless of whether you're using the AC or heat. I find this quite interesting. Just glad it seemed to help! Thanks again for the advice. Let me know if FEH hybrid ownders of south FL get together for a show and tell.

Evan

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Evlar Glad the heater

Hi Evlar

Glad the heater core bypass works for you and it sounds like the operation of A/C blend door was what was causing the problem. You may want to talk to your service adviser and explain you did the bypass to see if the problem would clear up. Make them repair the blend door problem under warranty before it expires.

Yes, I love the improvements and can't wait to get it back on the road and learn to operate it. This afternoon I have a 40 mile round trip commute to compare with my '05 FEH. This should be interesting.

I'm from Milwaukee, WI and

I'm from Milwaukee, WI and will be picking up my 2009 FEH tomorrow night. I put a deposit down with a dealer in FEB on an open ended contract, got the order in april 25th and will receive it tomorrow. White suede limited with NAV. Very excited. Have been reading alll the comments for a while. Will try to go to the next Milwaukee Hybrid Club meeting and see what I can learn

I got my 2009 FEH that I

I got my 2009 FEH that I ordered back in April today (July 31, 2008). I ordered a 2009 FEH Limited from Maroone Ford in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

I have a problem with the display that shows the temp / phone info as it may be a bad board. Sometimes it works, and sometimes shows garbage. Already took it to the dealer and they said they will get me a new one. Vehicle had 4 miles on it at delivery.

Elctrical Outlet
    Chrome Appearanc Package
    Spare Wheel
    Auto Headlamps
    SAT Radio
    NAV
    Overhead console
    Front License Plate Bracket
    Step Bars

Hi Gary: Congrats on the

Hi Gary:

Congrats on the car!!

Could you tell me 2 things?

1) Are there AC lines in the back leading up to the battery?

2) What is ViporPilot?

Thanks Paul Yes, there are

Thanks Paul

Yes, there are A/C lines leading to the HV battery for sure and the rear brakes are drum now.

ViperPilot is the handle a Ford representative who will give you the status of your ordered Ford vehicle if you get a VIN number from the dealer. I ask for my VIN number and my dealer gave it to me after it was assigned by Ford to my order on 5/29/08.

There is a forum at:
    http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=80
    where you create a thread asking ViperPilot for a tracking request of your VIN and he replies when he gets time. Right now he is on vacation and can't use Ford's computer system to look anything up. Read the rules about posting before you post a request in the proper section. You must join the Blueoval.com forum in order to post or read links like your window sticker that ViperPilot provides also. Here is the forum for the Escape/Mariner discussions:
    http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...d&showforum=73

If you want to see some

If you want to see some pictures of my '09 I took today, go to this link:
    http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showg.../500/ppuser/36

flhtcui, I have been to a

flhtcui, I have been to a meeting of the Milwaukee Hybrid Group, they are a great group of people. You'll learn a lot from them.

I live in Beloit and took delivery of our 2008 FEH last September. We are planning a hybrid/eco day here in Beloit on September 6th and we're hoping to get help from the Milwaukee group to get the word out. Watch for more details.

P.S. Welcome to the (FEH) club. You're gonna love your new car.

OK FINALLY! going to

OK FINALLY! going to pick it up today! not sure what the delay was all about - but it is good that it is here. I will be doing the Wooo Hooo I GOT IT - I GOT IT once it is in my driveway, and I am inflating up the tires a bit. But first is the argument between me and my wife about who gets to drive it home from the dealer and who gets to drive the OLD car home....

Hey Gary G ... you have been REAL quiet since you got your 09 - I have been looking for the flood of your most trusted advice and new driving techniques - I Hope all is well! Curious about your "fuel cutoff" tidbit and when and how it comes into play.

Hi Cougar It's hard to wipe

Hi Cougar

It's hard to wipe the smile off my face when I drive my new '09. I've been doing some highway test for fuel-cut while at the same time driving my family to places. The '09 is much better than I thought it would be in many aspects.

I was discussing how to set-up the SGII to read Fuelcut designed by the inventor Ron Delong in a thread today. Here is the paste:

Maybe Carl can clear this up, but here is my take on the subject. Ron Delong set the default Fuelcut at 24 I think because the SGII would read Fuel-cut at most TPS readings at idle. This setting would give the SGII time to confirm Open-Loop so that 9,999mpg could be close to the time the fuel was cut by the PCM.

I took my idle TPS reading in "D" at decel which was 14 in my '09 FEH. Some people have suggested setting the Fuelcut on the SGII 4 above the idle TPS reading, so I set my SGII Fuelcut down to 18 from 24 the default setting. At 18, it takes about 2 seconds after decel for the SGII to display 9,999mpg and open-loop.

I've never experienced any of this in my '05 FEH, so it's weird seeing 1,100rpm's and getting 9,999mpg at the same time. If I accelerate to 50mph, I can go fuel-cut at 9,999mpg in "D" and shift to "N" and coast till I get to 40mph and go EV from there. This is like doing a key-off FAS without doing anything but letting off the gas pedal and restarting by just pressing on the accelerator. My concerns about the EV threshold being at possibly 50mph are even better with fuelcut. In effect, the '09 FEH/MMH can get the same 9,999mpg as EV from the highest speed the FEH will go.

SOMEBODY STOP ME!