+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrench warning

Wrench warning

I have a 08 FEH AWD. I have had two "wrench" warning lights in the last month. When I start up the next time the warning has gone away. Both warnings came up when I was driving on the electric motor only. Does anyone have an idea what can cause this. Is it something to worry about?

It could be anything, but

It could be anything, but since your under warranty you should have it checked out. The problem is, locating a problem that is intermittent that clears when you turn the key off. You may have to wait till the wrench light comes on and take it in and not shut the engine off till the tech locates the problem with his computer.

Since this is a hybrid, a standard scan tool like the Scangauge most likely will not read wrench lights involving the eCVT or HV battery issues. Every once in a while I'll have this happen and my Scangauge says no codes found when I do a scan.

I have had 2 Check Emissions Messages in the passed 3 months and got a PO 420 code. This was an O2 sensor problem caused by ethanol that clears when I clear the code with my Scangauge. The manual states it may be because of leaded gas, but many people in our area are having to have their O2 sensors cleaned or changed because our State started requiring up to 10% in all gas.

Thanks much Gary. I live in

Thanks much Gary. I live in the foothills of the Sierra and it takes an hour to get to a dealer. I guess I will wait until the next oil change and ask them to see if a code was stored.

You really want to go to an

You really want to go to an autoparts store (autozone?) in your area and see if they will read the code for you prior to making a visit to the dealership. Usually the autopart store will do this for free.