+ Reply to Thread

Strange/Alarming problem on my NAH

Hello all, just thought I'd throw my problem out here to see if I could get any thoughts from the community. I recently purchased a '08 NAH and everything runs great. It is a salvaged car, having been damaged on the front right.

Everything was fine when we drove it home, but after we had put about 225 miles on it, it would not start after being parked. The instrument cluster/radio etc all lit up, as well as every warning light. The guy who repaired it came down and removed the orange plug in the right side of the trunk behind the passenger seat and the car started up and ran just fine after he re-inserted it. Everything ran perfectly until another ~200-225 miles and the same exact problem occurred. It was fixed the same way.

My dad had the battery tested and it showed proper power and functioning. The Nissan dealer mechanic said it might be a problem with the electrical system and we're having it tested at their shop in a few days. Any ideas of what might be causing this? I am quite aware it is a salvaged car and that such cars run higher risks of such malfunctions. However, has anyone heard of this happening before? Any help/thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I haven't had this issue in

I haven't had this issue in mine. The orange plug is the service plug and fuse for the hybrid system and hybrid battery. Could be many things. Could be overheating, electrical short, etc. The dealer should be able to figure out what is tripping the fuse when they test it.