extended warranty on anything and so far I think I came out on top but
    this is a different animal. Was offered warranty for 1200.00 for 7 years
    or 100,000 miles. Would appreciate anyone's insight or comments

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I own a 2006 HCH 2.

I own a 2006 HCH 2. Purchased a Honda Care Extended warranty for eight years, 100k, 0 deductible at delivery of vehicle. I thought cost was worth it with new technology. BUT, shop around on internet for warranty prices from other Honda dealers. Prices are all over the map. Find a good price quote from another Honda dealer and go back to your dealer with proposal. If you want more info, e-mail me at william.kehoe.thompson@us.army.mil.

Indeed, an extended warranty

Indeed, an extended warranty is always a good thing to have and I cannot disagree with whomever gets one. Better yet, if you can get it for a good price.

With that said, I have never gotten an extended warranty for my hybrids (2 HCH-2's and 3 Prius) and I feel pretty confident that with the proper care most issues can be mitigated into insignificance.

For instance, servicing the vehicle at a competent Honda or Toyota dealer and keeping it well maintained and updated is a strong mitigation factor, which in my case is more valuable than the extended warranty and that is why it is not something I seek.

However, an extended warranty would be something I would seek if I was purchasing a first year or first generation model.

Cheers;

MSantos

Thanks I always felt like if

Thanks
    I always felt like if lasted thru manufactures warranty its past the lemmon stage. But 1200.00 dollars isn't much today . seems like everytime you take a car in for anything today it will cost you 400-500 . I know the odds are with them.
    Thanks