+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!!

Help!!!

My check engine llight and IMA light are on. I don't have the money to take it to the dealership right now so I'm asking for your advice.

I had a mechanic do a diagnostic test and code PO2000 came up on his screen. He said he didn't know what that meant, that he'd never seen that code before.
    He turned off the check engine light which in turn shut off the IMA button and it was fine but after about 20 miles the lights came back on.
    My car is a HCH 2004-Stick shift.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Help....

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

That code typically relates

That code typically relates to your emissions system. More specifically the "Knock or O2 sensor circuit" and even the catalytic converter. You may also need a software update (ECU+IMA) as it is common to resolve these issues on 2004 models.

Also, the solution to your problem should be completely covered by the warranty, so it would be in your interest not to procrastinate as the problems may only get worse. A good Honda service department is the only place where you can have the problem diagnosed and resolved competently. All other "mom and pop shops" should be used only as a last resort as they neither have the knowledge nor the documentation and tools to really know what they are doing. Sorry.

Cheers;

MSantos

Thank you so much. I was

Thank you so much. I was hoping that you would be the one to reply you seem so knowledgeable when it comes to these topics.

Thanks again.

MSantos is really a master

MSantos is really a master when it comes to hybrids
    hope you can help more people with their rides.